Seller Age Limit

dngr2self

I think the idea of age restriction is stupid. It sounds like you're basing it off age simply because of one dispute- suggestions about reputation and feedback are much more logical. There's scammers and thieves at all ages.

Edited by Herbertlemon102

theres no one way this can be sorted out I don't think, not without a major overhaul of the rules in the for sale section. I do agree with mandatory photos, and the time and date in the picture along with the username. We are a seriously small minority sport in the UK, and we should be able to trade with other without getting scammed

• Like 1

theres no one way this can be sorted out I don't think, not without a major overhaul of the rules in the for sale section. I do agree with mandatory photos, and the time and date in the picture along with the username. We are a seriously small minority sport in the UK, and we should be able to trade with other without getting scammed

that's just it, isn't it. Small

Sport, still being scammed. Probably has to do with how much the bikes we use are worth- there's a lot of money involved, and that brings in scammers like insects to a lightbulb

I bought and sold plenty on here when I was the other side of 18 - fully agree that not all under x age should be penalised for a few idiots.

Do it the old fashioned way; get an address and landline number (and call it!) before you send any money, then you've got some useful deets should it go tits up.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've brought and arranged to sell stuff in person and through PayPal through the forum ( also possibly selling a rotor as we speak ) and I'm 16. I'm not prepared to mug someone off or send them a faulty product (unless mentioned in the description that the product is or could be damaged etc). So I think you've just gotta look around and hope all goes well if I'm honest.

Even on ebay n stuff, there's always the occasional d**khead regardless of age.

The thing that annoys me most is when people say "got this for sale" and don't put any info, pics, or an asking price up. THAT is what shows laziness and the instant gut response I get is "yep, I can't trust that guy if they cant be bothered to give me the basics". Maybe a full description that can NOT be edited should be the rule to ensure nothing goes wrong? Or maybe a list of requirements such as contact details and a detailed description should be a rule too? Or at least lower the likely hood of that. But at the end of the day its simply people being lazy and not caring.

Edited by JJ Leigh
  • Like 2

The general consensus of this thread was that you can't discriminate because of age, and that you can spot a poor advert when you read through it.

You're 6 months too late! :P

oops! haha, guess I am!

Oh well, my opinion has been cast :P