Can you mill a 135mm hope pro2 Evo for a limeys odd width dropouts?

Herbertlemon102

8 owners old echo sl haha,not ideal. Likes to skip :P

Then surely it's a cheaper and quicker option to just buy a new freewheel? Unless you're calculating that the hope hub will out last it's values worth in freewheels, which makes more sense to do.

To be honest if you get a new hope hub then mill it you'll loose you're warranty, unless you already have a second hand one (or third/fourth/fifth so in), then you have to give it to someone who might not do a proper job and takes forever. Potential f**k up plus time waiting for it, I'd just get a new freewheel lol.

If you wasn't bothered about a disc or the 80ep then just get a Profile hub?

i was looking into that a few months ago and the results were not encouraging. it's impossible (or close to) find a bmx hub with 32 holes or a trials rim with 36 holes.

the only thing i could find was the hope bmx with 32 holes.

Then surely it's a cheaper and quicker option to just buy a new freewheel? Unless you're calculating that the hope hub will out last it's values worth in freewheels, which makes more sense to do.

To be honest if you get a new hope hub then mill it you'll loose you're warranty, unless you already have a second hand one (or third/fourth/fifth so in), then you have to give it to someone who might not do a proper job and takes forever. Potential f**k up plus time waiting for it, I'd just get a new freewheel lol.

Sometimes it's nice to do stuff just because you can though. Technically you are right but I can see why someone might want to do the Hope mod.
  • Like 2