Gearing question 25t 24t

Paperclip

My drive setup works on the basis of strong bottom bracket, strong cranks and a beefy chain. At the moment those are all well and good but I can't seem to get a decent 22t sprocket to suit. I have recently moved to BMX cranks and have been finding them pretty fine and was running a Animal sprocket. Nothing has really changed apart from the new Animal sprockets are even more so cnc'd and keep snapping when I am giving them some pasty at moves (just from pedaling hard).

At the moment my options seem to be

• Find a decent 22t sprocket (I have found a profile one from america but he's only got one left so as a long term plan that's not really ideal).
  • move to a different style of cranks but then I can't use my hefty chain as it's too wide for them.
  • Move 25T and run a solid sprocket, always have options to replace it and can also run a bmx halfring bash.

The above is sort of irrelevant to the question I want to know so it's there if anyone wonders why.

I am currently on 22-17 gear ratio, What is the equivalent gear ratio for 25t or 24t?

Thanks

There's no way your chain will fit the Arcade one.

For future reference, if you need to work out a new chainring size when you're changing the rear to a set size: Divide the size of your old front chainring by your old rear sprocket, then multiply that answer by the size of your new rear sprocket. If you're doing a new front then just swap it around so you're dividing the rear by the old front chainring tooth number, then multiply by the new front tooth number.

Using your toddler-specific gear ratio of 22:17 and changing that up to a 25t (most likely size you'll get in BMX size):

17/22 = 0.7727272727...

0.7727272727... * 25 = 19.318

So basically, 25:19 would be the closest. One thing you might need to do is run that through a chainstay length calculator to see if it's going to f**k with your wheel positioning much. If you go here (http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php) you'll see that you're probably going to have to run a half link to get it in the same rough area as 22:17.