Go Pro help

littlekarlypilkboid

I've got a 3+ and some of my vids I can watch on my computer and some I cant - They have sound but no video and are really glitchy. Is it just that my computer sucks and cant prosess some of the vids? The anoying thing thats getting me is that the vids that dont work are the exact same realution ans the ones that do and of similar size files.

are you using windows moviemaker? and/or does it say something on the lines of "failed to play media due to unsupported format" when you go to play a saved vid, or just a completely un edited video as well?

Because the camera shouldn't be the problem.

I found with playing footage that was too 'good' for a computer, if you played it on VLC you could play it at half speed to see if it was a glitched clip or just the computer not handling it. Sounds like it could just be your computer not being up to it - the only other thing would be a possibly faulty memory card, but I'd imagine the clip would just stop recording rather than be sketchy. When I used a cheaper memory card with my dSLR it'd either stop recording instantly, or would get part way through a clip then come up with an error message and stop recording completely instead of glitching a bit.

cheers for all the sugestions guys. Its a speed 10 card so thats not the problem. I tried it on VLC and was ok ish at half speed so as I thought its prob the comp. I've finally crumbled and bought a mac as I'm not a gamer and have used windows since day 1. This was the final straw for me and I have now gone over to the dark side. Tried it on 3 different comps mine being the worst my friends being alright and still no luck so its MAC time...

oh right i see. It is a black edition and it is a sandisk but yeha is a 10 so I'll upgrade that as well. the thing thats getting me is yeah, my computer does suck so is more than likly the cause, but some videos work in 4k and some videos dont work in 4k. If 720 worked and 1080 and 4 k didnt i would know the problem but its vedeos of the same size and waulity soem work some dont. maybe there currupt? but how? Nothing different was doen to the settings - saving or downloading of the vids. Well new computer and a decent card should do the trick. a speed 10 sandisk was fine for vids on my cannon slr (1D) so I just expected a go pro would be ok as well.

XCheers for all your help and sugestions guys! :blues::blues: :blues: