Chains

Dman

New build time and I'm looking for a chain, it's got to be black and not just painted so it all comes off,  my last 2 chains, that I highly recommend have been BSD Forever chains, they look like kmc but with a nicer finish in black and the pins just look way stronger, barely stretched on bed in and not had to tighten in months.

bsd-forever-chain.thumb.jpg.7a19d2c6bebe

Whilst looking at other options I came across this, on looks, it's a winner but I'm not sure of the linkage.

key-chain_1466.jpg.bbdc6da99afeb716cfd0f

Edited by Dman

odyssey make well nice gear. I'd trust that chain, they reckon its stronger than a normal chain, but I guess theres one way to find out.

But if i understand correctly you have to use the master link, you can't reinsert any of the riveted pins with a chain tool ??? 

32 minutes ago, Dman said:

I can have run split links in old's for ages with no problems, must be as strong?

Also I have used the odyssey chains (Bluebird) for years which is a KMC 510HX in black, I'm sure if odyssey replaced that they will have made it way better and that is a decent chain for trials already. But to be fair i haven't seen the price of the key chain....

Topics along these lines would concern me about the Keychain: http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php/topic,220695.0.html

As with pretty much any new Odyssey/G-Sport products it sort of seems like you're better off waiting for the 'V2' to come out.  If the BSD chain worked for you, it's probably worth sticking with!