Removal of inspired decals?

AndyT

Is there an easy way to do this without messing up the paint? Friend stripped his console, said it was hard to get the real paint off but one round of paint stripper and the decals came right off... I'd love nothing more than to just have a green frame, too scared to try it as I love the paint and it's a brand new frame.

I think the graphics on your Hex might be buried under a little more clear-coat, rather than basically being at the top like they are on the Console.  Once you get through the clear-coat I think you'd be able to get the graphics off without really affecting the paint but it would probably leave a dull looking patch where they had been.

If im right in saying the logo's on consoles are water applied.... it means nail varnish remover and a washing up sponge gets rid of the logo's whilst having zero affect on the paint/finish of the frame. I could be wrong, but I've done it on parts of my bikes before to remove logos.

There's a lot of clearcoat above the Inspired graphics.

10 hours ago, Mark W said:

I think the graphics on your Hex might be buried under a little more clear-coat...

7 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Water applied or not, that'd be unlikely to work through a few layers of clearcoat surely?