Winter Contingency Street Trials

JJ Leigh

Jordan to put this from a mate, it's like I've made the odd comment before about the amount of hashtags you use lol ;) but I was one of the first two see the vid and  the first thing I said was that it was old clips, as I said it flowed and everything but I was expecting more as were most... 

With the self promo thing I think people are on about when you tagged Danny and Ali when they have nothing nessicerily to do with the video? 

• Like 2

I recognize almost all of the clips in this and don't think you should advertise it to everyone as a 'new' video more of a compilation as much as anyone else does. Although the riding is good and I need you to teach me how to Tyre tap, i enjoyed watching it but in an edit I'm not really a fan of loads of skate park clips unless something really unique is going down.

Dial down the PR next time as well. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LEON said:

Damn. In that case, Jordan you really should tone down the self promotion, you've exceeded Euan Beaden levels of hashtagging and it's dangerous. You've got some good moves, you can 180 tyre tap better than me, despite also having the wrong foot forward, like me. Just keep improving and let your riding do the talking, name dropping and tagging the biggest names and brands in the sport all comes across as a bit desperate unless you ARE those people or you're closely associated with them. I know Instagram and all that crap is pretty standard these days but there's really no reason to hashtag the words "stoked" or "fun".

Plus that level of suspense and mystery is only something Danny or Ali etc could get away with, then they'd fully back it up and bend our minds.

Ride bike, make video, upload video, keep it simple. All the endless mediateasing and suspense does is build up expectations. It's much more impressive when a great vid comes out of nowhere, like Andrew Dickey's stuff.

Don't take it the wrong way, I am a miserable old cvnt, and you're half my age and all excited about trials, and that's great. I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking, nothing wrong with the riding at all, and that's what counts. Just let it find its own way out there instead of forcing it.

got it, sounds like a plan from now on! Glad someone has told me this to be honest, everything said here makes perfect sense and I'm far from irritated. cheers buddy :)(Y) 

Edited by JJ Leigh
  • Like 4

Top stuff! (Probably a repeat of what someone else as said)  I can see what people mean by a lot of videos and stuff on facebook and maybe some on here I also did similar things (Probably still do with photos) just gotta try resist posting so frequently as I know its hard to resist and its always nice just to see that people have acknowledged your posts. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Culshaw95 said:

Top stuff! (Probably a repeat of what someone else as said)  I can see what people mean by a lot of videos and stuff on facebook and maybe some on here I also did similar things (Probably still do with photos) just gotta try resist posting so frequently as I know its hard to resist and its always nice just to see that people have acknowledged your posts. 

Think that was for sure my main problem... "sick ride out today, managed to do this line" turned into a daily thing until I ran out of unique things to fit in an actual video.... I know for next time though :P:) 

Tips from a failure (me) on how to be pro:

-Only do tricks that will look impressive to other people. Drops, flips, and fj tailwhips. They must look very dangerous for you to get any attention. Lines must be 20ft in the air.

-Include long scenic intros in all your videos, panoramic views and drones are good too, with some slow-mo HD footage of you just riding down a street or doing a wheelie. Actually, just make the whole video on top of a mountain or something. Don't forget to gopro everything.

-Use pop music. Anything edgy and cool will not be enjoyed by the most people possible.

-Have as many sponsor logos as possible in the video, even if all they did for you is give you stickers for 10% off. This will make you seem even more pro.

-Follow up your viral video with behind the scene edits.

• Like 5

My personal favourite edit I've made is "More Shaka Less Pogo," or "You Cool Man?", because I broke all the rules ;) 

Just do what you love man! You got some sick parks, I'd be cruisin them and learning all sorts of weird tricks. Weirder the better. Candybar crankflip manual to fufanu to sidelander.

Edited by jamesb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jamesb said:

Just do what you love man! You got some sick parks, I'd be cruisin them and learning all sorts of weird tricks.

Only reason I'm riding buddy (Y) 

Less than a mile away arguably the best outdoor skatepark in the south of the UK is being build, plenty over here should you ever decide to road trip it ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...