Horizon comp- the pedal trials needed.

Herbertlemon102

I've just upgraded from my plastic electrons to the new plastic horizons- it's rare that every fault with a pedal has been fixed with its successor, but nukeproof have done it. 

For starters: the plastic pins on the main platform have been replaced with metal, whilst the metal ones on the outer edge have been replaced with plastic. I broke the electrons outer metal ones on failed sidehops, and nukeproof have fixed that with the horizon and provided more central grip as a result.

Secondly- the outer bolt with the nukeproof logo has been moved inboard on the horizon. (see pictures) I stripped the electrons as a result of failed sidehops and/ or the bike falling over (only my sidehops side pedal, though.) And nukeproof have fixed this issue too with a recessed bolt and a different pedal profile so the pedal body takes the brunt, not the bolt/ thread channel.

The super tough plastic body makes a return, as tough as metal pedals, and quieter when you crash and the pedals hit the ground.

And also a lighter pedal than metal equivalents.

They've added a spanner fitting as well as a Allen fitting on the horizon, which is handy as I struggled to get my electrons off via just a big Allen key, they'd been on there a while.

Fixings: 8mm Allen, 15mm pedal spanner, 6mm Allen.

Ill be stocking up on these. 

Downsides: the pins on both are unforgiving and will ruin your shins.

Possibly more dirt build up in the horizons new recessed bolt channel.

IMG_20161211_103326.jpg

IMG_20161211_103423.jpg

IMG_20161211_103440.jpg

IMG_20161211_103456.jpg

Edited by Herbertlemon102

Just to clarify it a little, the plastics are the Comps, the alloy ones are the Pros.  Been using the Pros for quite a while now - prefer the body shape of them to the Electrons, they feel a little more concave-y/less convex-y than the Electrons did to me.  Seem to be holding up well in general too.

1 minute ago, Mark W said:

Just to clarify it a little, the plastics are the Comps, the alloy ones are the Pros.  Been using the Pros for quite a while now - prefer the body shape of them to the Electrons, they feel a little more concave-y/less convex-y than the Electrons did to me.  Seem to be holding up well in general too.

my bad. i didnt realise they had two models- post edited. 

Bonus super fun fact:  The Nukeproof Electron Evo pedals are now called the Nukeproof Neutron pedals, despite the Neutrons being the name of the previous generation of alloy pedals Nukeproof did (the Inspired Team style ones).  Nice work, Nukeproof (Y)

• Like 3