Back in the game.....

Hi! 

I used to be a member here almost 15 years ago and haven't ridden trials since.

Used to ride with the regulars meeting every Sunday at Shell Centre (Southbank), and my last bike was a custom build stock Koxx XTP which I wish i didn't sell but hey ho. 

Recently picked up an old style Onza T-Master mod for peanuts complete with a set of HS33s but it's full of issues but happy to get to work on it. Just looking to mess about really. 

Anyone got any tips for the following:

HS33 rear has been bled and a new crossover line put in as it was split. However its still spongy as hell... Even after careful bleeding three times. 

I think the rear wheel on it is 20inch, so I can't get the brakes to line up properly without the axle being pushed too far to the end of the dropout, hence the chain tugs are hanging off. Anyone got a 19" rear wheel and tyre for sale? Cheaper the better really. 

The freewheel has to be changed, I've seen a jitsie 72 on ebay for 40 quid. Are these any good? 

Once these bits are done I'm good.

Any advice or bits for sale are appreciated!! 

Yo. I can help you here... i've got an onza rip full bike that i need to get rid of. All i want is the hs33's off it.

It's got a ska 19" rear wheel and a fairly new, hardly ridden echo sl freewheel 108 click(may have been left in rain for a while).

I'm happy to get rid of it stupid cheap, like 50 quid all in plus postage.

Let me take some pics tomorrow and see what you think, theres a pile of decent parts on it, i just hate it, and need the space.

Can you stick a booster on it to try and counter the flex? Is the frame 2 or 4 bolt, as I have a 4 bolt booster you can have for postage..

Edit: Just googled - it's 2 bolt mounts. Will have a look and see if I have a 2 bolt somewhere that might help

Edited by Brettoll

4 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

You can still use a 4 bolt booster on a V brake frame if you want to.

Is this always the case? I thought clearance was an issue with the vee lugs being further down the seatstay than the bottom 4bolt mount.

Curious now!

7 hours ago, Brettoll said:

Can you stick a booster on it to try and counter the flex? Is the frame 2 or 4 bolt, as I have a 4 bolt booster you can have for postage..

Edit: Just googled - it's 2 bolt mounts. Will have a look and see if I have a 2 bolt somewhere that might help

PM'ed you mate. I cant send anymore messages as its apparently reached a limit... Its 100% 4 bolt. I don't have any bolts or spacers to attach the booster but willing to add on the cost if you have spares. I've attached a pic of the bike.... A work in progress!! The bike was in a total state. The rear brake was in complete bits due to the wheel clearly being 20 inch and totally misaligned. The freewheel is practically falling apart.... 

IMG_20190812_105929.jpg