Anyone know what frame this is?

Tractor62

Picked this up with the intention of getting back into trials at 36 years  old. It was advertised as an echo but I’m not sure. it’s been sanded ready to re paint but the chap selling it said he lost interest and it had sat un used for 2-3 years. so any help to identify it would be appreciated 

D9438EFC-43D8-4996-BF30-76245B0BA33A.jpeg

Hey Graham :)

Dob weren't around for super long but we sold a few through tartybikes way back. They did frames, forks and rims and were extremely light and despite not being super strong still surprised me with their robustness. This is all assuming it is a Dob, the Because Colour frame was a very similar shape.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Dob stuff was so frickin light! Chris, the boy who was studying at St Andrews was importing it.

I picked up a couple of sets of forks. Mine lasted a day and my mate James' lasted no days as he cut the steerer an inch too short :lol:

:lol:

I remember Dan Fitzpatrick building one up and running it for a good stint of Bristol bashing. He was (well, presumably still is) reasonably small and smooth which would have helped, but he was happy to throw it around. I suspect the powder coating held it together more than most.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone I’m guessing it’s not likely to last very long with a 14.5 stone not particularly good or smooth rider but I suppose if lasts for a while then I swap the frame at least it gets me started. I did get round to painting it this afternoon but now waiting for a new headset and rear tyre before I can put it back together 

Just in case anyone is remotely interested here’s the frame painted and waiting for the parts to put it back together, the colour is Fordson empire blue the same as my vintage tractor simply because I had half a tin in the shed so it was free :)

DB26D368-AD48-40EF-8D09-3B8D5DC6048D.jpeg

Edited by Tractor62
Correctin text
  • Like 5

The last bit of the puzzle for now arrived in the post today (new rear tyre) so it would probably be rude not to get it put together. I think it looks ok and just hoping that it lasts until I can find a suitable replacement frame 

spec so far as I can tell 

random GT mtb front wheel with generic nobbly tyre

Zoo forks

HS33 front brake with goodridge braided hose

DOB frame 

Echo stem with zoo bars 

FSA pig headset 

trial tech cranks with front freewheel and Onza pedals 

halflink chain

Echo rear hub laced to a “tryall”? rim and fixed gear

Onza greina dh rear tyre

HS33 rear brake with booster