Hope pro 2 snapped!!!

Lods

Went out on the 24 trials bike for the first time in a while last week, started by doing some hops and what not then got onto back wheel and hopped onto a wall.... upon hopping onto the wall there was an almighty clunk! Hub has somehow snapped inside.... anyone ever had an issue with this or anyone know how I can fix it or do I need to buy a new hub? :( 

CCABA2AD-5164-45E0-B00E-2F35282F1EE5.jpeg

You can unbuild the wheel and send just the hub (excluding the spacers and sprocket) back to hope and they should be able to fit a new axle for you and possibly service it. Theres normally a small charge as it’s an old hub, but at least it will be repaired within a week. It’s best to maybe ring them first and see what the deal is with this type of hub as they have upgraded there’s to Pro 4s but I don’t see why they couldn’t repair it if they have spare parts in stock for older hubs. 

There Warranty form is this link which you fill out when sending hubs back. https://www.hopetech.com/_repository/1/documents/hubs_2019.pdf

Edited by John Shrewsbury

25 minutes ago, John Shrewsbury said:

You can unbuild the wheel and send just the hub (excluding the spacers and sprocket) back to hope and they should be able to fit a new axle for you and possibly service it. Theres normally a small charge as it’s an old hub, but at least it will be repaired within a week. It’s best to maybe ring them first and see what the deal is with this type of hub as they have upgraded there’s to Pro 4s but I don’t see why they couldn’t repair it if they have spare parts in stock for older hubs. 

There Warranty form is this link which you fill out when sending hubs back. https://www.hopetech.com/_repository/1/documents/hubs_2019.pdf

Couldn't he just swap the axle himself to avoid having to un- and rebuild the wheel?

1 hour ago, La Bourde said:

Yes he can if he has a vice. Pushing the bearings back without the appropriate tool might be tricky though.

I heard that the 12mm version of the Hope pro II axle broke. The 9 mm or 10 through version was stronger.

This is the 10mm bolt in version 

No - that's a 12mm through-axle version.
With technical parts like this I'd always recommend dropping the couple of quid extra and getting it from a reputable source: https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/axles/hope_pro_2_pro_4_trials_axle/c595p10778.html?pos=2436&search_params=YTo3OntzOjEyOiJjYXRlZ29yeV9pZHMiO2E6MTp7aTowO3M6MzoiNTk1Ijt9czoxNjoiY2F0ZWdvcnlfcmVjdXJzZSI7YjoxO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6MDoiIjtzOjk6ImJyYW5kX2lkcyI7TjtzOjQ6Im1vZGUiO3M6MzoiYWxsIjtzOjQ6InNvcnQiO3M6OToicHJpY2VfYXNjIjtzOjEwOiJjb3VudHJ5X2lkIjtzOjE6IjEiO30%3D

Lots of options there. You'll want the 10mm Pro 2, unless your hub has "Evo" written on it, then choose that one ;)

If it's a stem, or tyres, or something simple then ebaying is fine, but I've had some bad experiences with people making mistakes or just flat out lying with selling little parts like this. Maybe I've just been unlucky/stupid over the years though. Haha.