Best entry level bike for a beginner

javimic

Hello all! First time poster.. I live in Argentina and I would like to buy my first street-trial bike. Here is totally impossible to get one and update it. So the criteria would be a long term bike, I want to say, good and reliable for as long as possible. I have in mind a Inspired Flow Plus 24" with Arcade riser bar, headlock system  and hope trial zone set brakes. The point is that I would be able to get a better model (fourplay pro or even fp team) Drive a Ferrari is always nice but I do not know if it goes well for a beginner like me. Any advice is welcome. 

Thanks in advance

J.

16 hours ago, javimic said:

Hello all! First time poster.. I live in Argentina and I would like to buy my first street-trial bike. Here is totally impossible to get one and update it. So the criteria would be a long term bike, I want to say, good and reliable for as long as possible. I have in mind a Inspired Flow Plus 24" with Arcade riser bar, headlock system  and hope trial zone set brakes. The point is that I would be able to get a better model (fourplay pro or even fp team) Drive a Ferrari is always nice but I do not know if it goes well for a beginner like me. Any advice is welcome. 

Thanks in advance

J.

Sounds like a great idea to me the flow plus with arcade bars is more than good enough (Y)

22 hours ago, javimic said:

Thanks Paperclip for your advice.  I have time to decide until June 25th. I am going to tell you later. 

Many thanks

If it helps you decide, the geo of this model is very similar to that of the older foreplay so riders like Ali C, Danny Mac, Nick Cooke, Shrewsbury, Mark Westlake, Ben Rowlands and Duncan Shaw all rode them brilliantly and more recently Thom Triboulat on the Inspired team sending some massive things. So again I think it's a great idea to buy an entry level bike like this that has the capabilities it has.  

You could get one of those new Chinese frames that are on the market but the list of names I reel out would be way shitter. 

2 hours ago, Paperclip said:

If it helps you decide, the geo of this model is very similar to that of the older foreplay so riders like Ali C, Danny Mac, Nick Cooke, Shrewsbury, Mark Westlake, Ben Rowlands and Duncan Shaw all rode them brilliantly and more recently Thom Triboulat on the Inspired team sending some massive things. So again I think it's a great idea to buy an entry level bike like this that has the capabilities it has.  

You could get one of those new Chinese frames that are on the market but the list of names I reel out would be way shitter. 

that's right my friend. It is only the dilemma between to know that the Flow Plus is good enough for me and be able to pay for the Fourplay Team.. and be on board Airbus a380...  plus, when you know that the shipping cost are the same both cases and then it will be totally impossible make an upgrade in Argentina (beautiful girls but the worst  country to do street trial!)...  at the end you are right. thanks again.... when I make the purchase I will let you know here.  
javi

This is for Paperclip.  There was no stock of flow plus or Fourplay Pro in trialshop.pl or tartybikes... these shops had offered to me the best delivery method to Argentina but I lose contact with trialshop... The FP Team was the only possible option. Thanks and best regards, 
javi

• 2 months later...

I recently read BikeReviewsHub`s latest blog post about Entry-Level road bike and bought new Tommaso Forcella Endurance Road Bike. 

Overall, I like the bike. It's light, feels great to ride but there are some issues:
1. The bike seat is practically useless. You should expect to buy a new one as the one this comes with is very uncomfortable.
2. The bike pedals are really sharp. If you catch it on your shin or something, it will hurt really badly. I will probably replace this.
3. After only 2-3 rides, the spikes came loose and I had to get it repaired at a bike shop. They told me that they have never had such a new bike run into this issue before. Also, the bike came with the front tire fully flat. Had to get that replaced. All this to say, not feeling very inspired by the quality so far.

Now I want to buy a trial bike for my son because unfortunately, he didn't like the road bike. I need our suggestion about some good trial bike

ddd.jpg