What Happened to Monty?

US_BenR

Something that I was pondering the other day--what happened to them?  Do they still have a trials team?  Seems the last high-end bike they made was what 2016?  Now they just make those ugly aluminum frames?  

Just curious.

I think they went into administration, were taken over by another company and are now focusing on more mainstream bikes. If you head to their Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/bicicletasmonty/) they're still active, and pumping out some truly awful looking BMX, 'city' and mountain bikes. 

I assume that trials wasn't making as much money for them so they've effectively binned it off. They announced a little while ago they weren't going to be stocking spares for trials the same way they had before, and primarily focusing on supplying complete bikes and tyres, but even that seems to have dwindled.

Quite what I figured, unfortunately.  Something like this would have been abuzz years ago!  Just seems that there isn't much new product/news in the past several years, and seems that that only keeps getting worse.