Rail riding

basstrials

Hi,everyone.It is always pleasure to me to watching video of someone who riding rail,habdrail etc. with precise movements and speed,i guess, you to.I bet that many of you can do it,so would you be so kind to share some tips about?I mean something like,how to use break and when,what is your body positioning and so on.One more thing,how to practice all this stuffs before trying rail riding on?On flat,marks or?

Thank you,for your time.

I'd start by moving the rail low to the ground to reduce the risk of injuring yourself when you fall off. Once some confidence is gained increase the height of the rail.

For specific technique you need to say how you intend to ride the rail. Riding along the length, balancing, or jumping up to rear onto it then off, or both, or what?

Edited by marg26

Hi.Thank you.Maybe i am not clear myself,that because my english is not good enough,i suppose.I meaned that i need sone overall tips how to training balance in terms to try riding rail later.How do you guys training for?Lines, along curbs etc.I am not talking about trackstand,that is clear.Got some tips from Lenosky's video to drop your foor down,to stay centered on you bike etc.,but when watching some good riders it is seems that they move their body low and forward.I did try this also,but had too much pressure on my hands and balance seems uncontrollable.Some used their foot like outriger and try to stay still for some time.Why they stops like that?When is the best time to stay on two feet (horizontally) and when to drop your leading foor down?Stuffs like that.Maybe i asked stupid questios but could not find information about.Thank you. 

With a friend we train on a narrow curb, that is higher than the pavement on both sides. It is quite long, maybe 30 meters.

There is a slight slope, so that one does not need to pedal in one direction.

This is the easiest setup, the one you train on first.

Going up is more difficult as you have to be able to pedal or at leat kick regularly while moving your knies.

The most important is to lean your bike to the side you are falling off while you try to maintain your upper body at the same position.

Do not try to turn the handlebar.

Look at Ryan Leech, is upper body is always perfect above the rail and his knees and bike are floating around under him.

Use your knees and lower slighty your hipps to create a space for the bike under you.

I noticed, that when I have to lean the bike a lot, I pedal backwards quarter a rotation to make even more place...but then I have to switch once my feet back again.

Sometime you will do a "dog piss" (removing one foot from the pedal) and in this case, dropping your chest somehow helps.

• Like 1