Carthy and Rolls in Shipley

Ross McArthur

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Canardweb said:

A Romanian trials rider did. Check his channel as he has amazing other content!

yes some are over an hour right ?!? Love it ... I really only like watching carthy and charlie and that slovakian mod guy... Some stock guys look like they are riding sport level but appparently the moves are huge... just so so so so awkward.  Charlie and jack are the only ones that look proper evolved w them funky bars

15 hours ago, AndyT said:

yes some are over an hour right ?!? Love it ... I really only like watching carthy and charlie and that slovakian mod guy... Some stock guys look like they are riding sport level but appparently the moves are huge... just so so so so awkward.  Charlie and jack are the only ones that look proper evolved w them funky bars

What do you mean by sport level? 

1 hour ago, Canardweb said:

What do you mean by sport level? 

In america it goes beginner, sport, expert , pro.

Lots who go carthy bars in the top uci circuit look like they cannot ride a bike anymore, absolutely horrendous riding. Looks so wrong, so awkward.  Like a woman giving birth to a 1300 pound blue whale, it shouldnt happen.  it looks horrible. Looks like they can barely ride a bike, Like they just learned how to back hop. But they go up a 3 m wall...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyT said:

In america it goes beginner, sport, expert , pro.

Lots who go carthy bars in the top uci circuit look like they cannot ride a bike anymore, absolutely horrendous riding. Looks so wrong, so awkward.  Like a woman giving birth to a 1300 pound blue whale, it shouldnt happen.  it looks horrible. Looks like they can barely ride a bike, Like they just learned how to back hop. But they go up a 3 m wall...

I couldn't agree more with you. Everytime I read or hear the level of some is impressive I am horrified by the lack of what I would call style in their riding. It's just that generation who wants to go too fast and learn how to go high before having any control over their bike. For example when you watch young Spanish riders ride, you have to admit what they go up to is unbelievably high, but they way they do is really not nice to watch. Dani Baron comes to mind and I am sorry to say this as of course he is an incredible rider. Plus they all look the same when riding their bikes now. There was some days you could watch a replay of comps on YouTube and recognize riders' riding even with 140P quality video. Nowadays, they absolutely look all the same because they all want to imitate what the top riders do but way too fast...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is no kinda understanding... It is blatantly obvious why !!! 

The big question is- is jt just because of the idiotic uci sections ? You look at biu sections from decades ago- very very different. Very very boring to watch !! Big pogo jumps make super smiles on spectators, and i believe thats the only thing that drive$$ the whole sport.   Charlie and jack look like they are one w their bikes.  So many others look like they are at the proctologist or doing their taxes on the bike/ it looks Horrible.  Look at the top american champions, I'm sure they are amazing at uci sections but riding around they look like absolute beginners- super awkward position and you can tell the body isnt  into it and the mind~bike connection is like 20%.

I also see pogo folks crashing on basic two wheeled things you would never crash on w a normal bike... usually happens when they dont hit right and they drop to the floor in an awkward position on both wheels, just flops the body they only meant for that rear love...  

Different times , different world- I wouldnt be mad w a full crewkers or clean, it really is a different set of muscles you use.. From leaning back and balancing to standing up straight on your pogo stick- weird world but the moves are insanely huge so whatcha gon do... Carbon , through axles, oversize head tube.... got me droolin for sure