Magura's (hs33's)

Guest Lewis Poyntontrials.com

Guest Lewis Poyntontrials.com

pads

magura black pads, not good enought for trials use

magura kool stops (red), good on a clean rim lots of modulation, aslo work quite well with grind

mony xlights/hydras (www.cleanbikes.com 17 quid), good power with clesan rim tar or grind, dont last to long with a grind though.

plasmatics (halfords) some of the best but at 27 for 4 their not cheap

spanish fly pads (mark anthony?)good with grind or tar

plannet x sticky pads (px) - not very good

Koxx Bloxx (mark anthony) - amazing pads long lasting work amazing with ceramic rims and grinds.

You can bleed magura hs33's with different stuff

standard magura oil - ok but can feel slugish

magura red blood - good but stilla bit slugish

cooking oil - cheap and good!

deionised water (can buy chreaply from halfords)- very cheap, makes brake very snappy but requres regular bleeding this is what my magura are bled with at the minuet)

Boosters:

Standard Booster: Not great but better than nothing

Carbon Magura booster:Much stiffer than standard booster but doesn't eliminate flex in the frame

V brake booster:eliminates some of the flex in the frame but could get better

Carbon v brake booster:Eliminates most of the flex inthe frame.

RB LEVERS:

Don't lose the little ball bearing under the grub screw it selas the system and is ESSENTIAL. If you do lose it just go and buy a race of 5/32 bearings from halfords for £3 and you will have enough to F**k it up many times.

Guest OD404

For bleeding...

WD40 - same feel as DI water, but is better for the system due to its lubricating properties.

Springs - many people have removed the spring from the master cylinder (the one in the lever), while this makes the brake feel even lighter, it can cause problems. In my case the springs in the slave cylinders (those at the pads) wore out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deagledaddy
WD40 - same feel as DI water, but is better for the system due to its lubricating properties.

Bit of a porky pie that one stevo, it don't feel as good as DI water.

my brakes not been bled for about 3 months and has DI in it, no probs so far, believe the hype, don't believe the people who say its a bad idea.

LEAVE YOUR SPRING IN !!!! i always knew people would put them back in eventually :-

Guest SiLeNt_BoB
magura black pads, not good enought for trials use

Im sorry but thats utter crap! Black pads are great if you set them up right just like any other brake pad! I used them for a while and was completly stunded by how good they were. They modulated, the grabbed, and they didnt slip!

cooking oil - cheap and good!

Another piece of poor information im afraid! Cooking oil is much thicker than normal magura blood, so will give a much delayed reaction to the lever! avoid where possible

Guest deagledaddy

Another piece of poor information im afraid! Cooking oil is much thicker than normal magura blood, so will give a much delayed reaction to the lever! avoid where possible

Thicker may ell be the wrong word to use there m8 :D

but have to agree on that one!!! cooking oil is not for maugras, its for cookin :D

However DI water is for everything you can think of :-

Guest OD404
However DI water is for everything you can think of  :-

Well, i wouldnt cook with it... or drink it :D

Unless you want most of the cells in your body to pass their ions into the water you just drank :D

Guest Onzaboymark

Copy and Complete.

1. You can get Monty X-Hydra pads as a four-pad-set from ___________________ for £_ _._ _.

2. DI water is different to water in that _________________.

"Magura Virgin Mark."

Guest Danny Monkman

1. You can get Monty X-Hydra pads as a four-pad-set from clean bikes? for £_ _._ _.

2. DI water is different to water in that ____its de icend or what ever u call it (stuff for car windows use part of that in water.

Guest thetart20
1.  You can get Monty X-Hydra pads as a four-pad-set from Cleanbikes.co.uk for £17.87 inc. first class postage.

2.  DI water is different to water in that it does have any ions in it (obvious really) and so it wont form limescale inside your brake!

Well done Mark, perfect!

• 1 month later...

if you use deionised water during the winter and you keep your bike outside for any long stretch of time, the water will freeze: it's happened to one of my mates :-. With regards to anti freeze, the jury's out on whether or not it will corrode your seals. Really it's just best to use wd40 or royal blood.

Andy

• 1 month later...
And does DI Water REALLY work as well as people say or is it tosh?

It feels reeeeeeally nice. But i reckon it leaks more easily than WD40. I've had WD40 in my brake for ages now and it's fine, although it doesn't feel much better than Royal Blood. Good, cheap alternative though :-

• 4 weeks later...