Trialskings.. Otherside

sharn

ah the days when everyone had 56k and you waited aout a week for a "long" vid (about a minute long).

i still have them all and watch the regularly.

definitely agree with steve-A they shouldnt ride long low silver, dave had a levelboss for a while, not sure what WB it was though.

they got me into the sport and made me wish i'd never moved away from huddersfield, could have ended up riding with them (but i can keep dreaming lol). they pioneered the street scene if you ask me, them and waynio's trialsrider.com lads. always remember when they competed for the best lines and best made vids, i still have most of their old vids too. big thanks to james for making the vids so watchable and ageless.

anyone still grab their arse during the korn video?!?!? (Y)

Yeah I used to spend hours downloading videos off you guys, and there was this one video where steven howes gapped from one bollard to another, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Another where adam gapped from one side of a walkway bridge to the other, then a huge drop to a rail which he did cleanly. This was so ahead of its time and you'd still be dam impressed if someone put it on a video now.

Trials Legends I'd say

Those were the good days of trials. When people didnt care about wheelbases and styles.

The TK videos (and the Sitrials ones as well) were the reason I started making vids! And that was a long time ago. Think I still have all the clips and long vids on my PC (Y)

Edited by NBRtrials.tk

haha damn, thought it was a new topic so tryed about 6 times to get onto the site ;)

Oh, and Otherside is deffinatly the daddy of trials videos. I was having trouble convinsing some mates at school that trials was any good but when i brought Otherside to school on my psp it was the only video that made them appreciate how skilled trials is, i'd already shown them Get3, 2 tunni vids, cls vids, some canberra trials vids etc.

Edit:

must be the 'Korn' video mentioned below, any chance of an upload anyone?? :blink: (Y)

Edited by RicH_87

excuse me but why does wheelbase make an issue nower days????you can do on most bikes the same, you just have to make the bike look streety and stealthy!!!! :blink:

i can ride a 1080 wheelbase bike as streety as i could ride my 1040 bikes? its not about wheelbase its about "different" peoples styles. not bike styles. its the person that makes their bike ride in a certain style no point everyone being the same or trials would be boring. (Y)

id say both short and long wheelbase bikes only have "major" differences if you always think to yourself there is a difference, if you just pretend there the same they ride similar. people who say that long bikes dont bunnyhop and arent street are saying it, not trying it..........ok i will say when you get to 1100 this maybe the case but at around 1090 and below i have not noticed a huge change i ride them all the same as i would any of my trials bikes.

anyway, the TK vids were amazing and still are today and its purely because they have/had their "own" unique style. not cos their bikes were short..........thats not a good excuse for people to use really. just as an exaple "if adam burns got back into trials and had the same smooth and explosiv style he had on his "short" bike on his new "long" bike yet could gap further, hook higher and tap and bunnyhop bigger and longer, would you be saying "its the bike????" i wouldnt id be saying its the style of the rider" only my opinion on things though.............

Waynio..........................

That has to be 1 of the best videos EVER made. Everything about it is just pure class and all the riders are legends. Its a complete original for me and is some of the material that has helped me progress over the years.

I love all the Trialskings and thats why i still have nearly all their videos except for the really old skool ones which have been deleted.

Thanks for makinjg everyone relise what a immense video this is!!! :blink:

Peace out (Y)

very cool indeed...

anyways...otherside: my favourite video of the lot, and everything in it kinda makes me wince a bit....but one thing just doesn't look physically possible, and that is when danny manuals up a hewge flight of stairs near the end...

how? just...how?

adam

Go at speed, bunnyhop at the bottom, and try and do a moto-touch on the bottom step. It sorta bounces you up, and you just sorta 'float' up the steps.

Awesome videos though (Y)

James Hyland did a lot for me, and this is why TK's will always be important to me. He helped me out and showed me loads of things editing wise... and taught me about mpg encoding and all sorts, so I owe a lot to him, the guy's a legend, and its wicked how far hes got on the UK scene.

I remember taking an awesome photo at Bike 2003 of Danny and Adam sitting down on their PX's together facing away from me with these bright, eye-catching Planet-X jerseys on, twas an awesome site, just screamed TK to the on-looker. Sad thing is, I think I lost that, along with all the other photos, when my major hard drive decided it would be a good time to wipe itself! Shame on me for not having them backed up, but we all learn from mistakes, sometimes harsh mistakes!

Now I have some new kit, Im gonna try travel a bit more and get some vids made of the people who really are making the scene, or who have made history, would be an honour in my eyes if they agreed to ride for me!

Me me me me, shut up J! (Y)

Jonny.

:D That how the old px came about i mean come on who did not have one and brought one because of the trialskings? remember my blue GraGon ^_^

I kinda disagree with that. The zebidi was arround a long time and hundereds of people had them before the TK lads were sponsored by them.