Who's Got The Longest...

Smo™

1140 with me f**ked Tuf guys  Only 1075 with Urbans though lol.

That was on a 1060 Pitbull too... the forks bent outwards nearly 90 degrees, haha. Dam bunny hop gap! Didn't last a week them forks.

lmao haha rossi you fat b*****d!! and now you've bent your fattys. what are we going to do with you.....eh

:D

mike

Pashleys have a shitload of rake on them though, makes your bike super long.

that wouldnt make your bike feel longer though, i tend to find that the bigger the distance between the bb and the bars makes a bike feel longer. the rake of the forks just allows you to bridge bigger gaps. or is riding the bike up-side down the new fashion?

and who ever said about people not choosing a bike due to its wheelbase... i think u'll find there are alot of people on here that believe that the wheelbase is one of the most important things to look for.

that wouldnt make your bike feel longer though, i tend to find that the bigger the distance between the bb and the bars makes a bike feel longer. the rake of the forks just allows you to bridge bigger gaps. or is riding the bike up-side down the new fashion?

and who ever said about people not choosing a bike due to its wheelbase... i think u'll find there are alot of people on here that believe that the wheelbase is one of the most important things to look for.

like me i want a longer bike im at 1050 at the mo maybe less and i want 1065 or something similar... boa to koxx maybe?

Talk about stating the obvious... I know that different forks aren't gonna make it feel longer, but this thread was about wheelbase.

yeah, 7mm makes sooooo much difference.

:)

:P

It does, when you're riding. Otherwise, why would they dick about with geometry so much? The change from '02 T-Pro to '04 T-Pro wasn't theoretically much, but it felt f**king massive. The change from a 20" TT BMX to a 20.5" TT BMX felt massive too and made a big difference.

And wheelbase is bloody important when you're choosing a bike. I thought this shit was insanely obvious, but I'll explain it in simple terms for people who don't like to understand things:

I am 6ft 2in.

I ride mod.

I used to ride a short mod.

I felt cramped on it.

I bought a longer mod.

Ta da! I chose one with a longer wheelbase. f**kin' shocker, that.

People who aren't ultra tall might go for a Levelboss 1040 or something, people who are taller and therefore can deal with the length can go for the 1065 or 1100, which is why Koxx made different lengths of their bikes. How very convenient!

*sigh* :)

Now before the "I like riding a short bike so I'm not classed as 'trendy'" come wading in with their twattish blanket comments that mean f**k all - just getting a longer wheelbase won't make you a better rider. It feels a bit easier to backwheel (in mine, and a lot of other people's experiences) and do "pure" sorta trials - including natural, where a more stable, longer wheelbase is a huge help - on a longer bike for me, but then again there was that guy on here who was shorter than some shits that I've done who bought a LB1065. As opposed to making him some trials demigod, it was shit 'cos it was too long. Just buying a 1200mm+ wheelbase bike won't make you great, but again, that's bloody obvious.

Now before the "I like riding a short bike so I'm not classed as 'trendy'" come wading in with their twattish blanket comments that mean f**k all - just getting a longer wheelbase won't make you a better rider.  It feels a bit easier to backwheel (in mine, and a lot of other people's experiences) and do "pure" sorta trials - including natural, where a more stable, longer wheelbase is a huge help - on a longer bike for me, but then again there was that guy on here who was shorter than some shits that I've done who bought a LB1065.  As opposed to making him some trials demigod, it was shit 'cos it was too long.  Just buying a 1200mm+ wheelbase bike won't make you great, but again, that's bloody obvious.

what the f**k are you on about "I like riding a short bike so I'm not classed as 'trendy'" alot of people ride short bikes no matter how tall they are or short because they get on with them better! in MY experience thats true for me every "long" bike i have ridden felt like trash to me to be onest! (minus a few pures) im 6'1 i ride a leeson clear standard length it suits me perfectly! i dont do it cause i dont want to be trendy!! it also doesnt mean i only do street! i like all types of trials "pure" to "street" to whatever.

i think people should calm down and start accepting other people views. SOME people get on with long bikes! SOME people get on with short bikes!

any who sorry for bitching!

my leeson is 1010 wheel base i think.

Rich