Where Can I Buy A New Rear Complete Wheel?

roozor

Well, it was my 19th birthday on new years day and still have'nt got round to thinking about what i want! Then i found out my backwheel screwed so, it's new rear wheel time on dad :D

Anyone got any suggestions?, and also where to get it from! Sealed hub please!

Alex

ps : it's for my t-pro 2004 :D

Edited by roozor

Well, it was my 19th birthday on new years day and still have'nt got round to thinking about what i want! Then i found out my backwheel screwed so, it's new rear wheel time on dad ^_^

Anyone got any suggestions?, and also where to get it from! Sealed hub please!

Alex

ps : it's for my t-pro 2004 ^_^

How much you got to spend?

If moneys not really a problem then get intouch with Fatmike, he should be able to sort you out with a rear king on any rim of your choice he'll have it be built etc etc, but I think when I was going to do it it come to around 300

If money here is the situation then a Koxx wheel will be just right for you.

Or maybe you have a little more, then get your self a Profile hub, New spokes, and a new rim, maybe a Onza Hog Rim.

Hope I've given you some good choices.

Corish

his wheel builds are surpassed by none in this country.<------ thats a full stop by the way.

How can you say that? My friend builds his wheel using a 'DT Swiss Tensio' tension meter. His spoke tensions are with in +/- 4%, which is NOT possible by touch of hand, Chain reactions wheels are about +/- 40% (he tested one) He has done all of the Dt Swiss courses and has all of the certificates.

IM NOW SAYING THAT THE TART'S WHEELS ARE CRAP BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER USED ONE OF HIS! SO IM IN NO PLACE TO SAY ANYTHING!

Stu

How can you say that? My friend builds his wheel using a 'DT Swiss Tensio' tension meter. His spoke tensions are with in +/- 4%, which is NOT possible by touch of hand, Chain reactions wheels are about +/- 40% (he tested one) He has done all of the Dt Swiss courses and has all of the certificates.

Its often not possible to get a wheel straight with tensions as even as that though.

I know id rather have a straight and strong wheel, than one with even tensions ^_^

I might get myself one of those dooberies to see how far 'out' my tensions are. I reckon a few percent is possible by hand (and ear).

Mr. Smiths wheels are suppose to be good though, yeah, but doesnt he charge a packet?

Its often not possible to get a wheel straight with tensions as even as that though.

I know id rather have a straight and strong wheel, than one with even tensions ^_^

I might get myself one of those dooberies to see how far 'out' my tensions are. I reckon a few percent is possible by hand (and ear).

Mr. Smiths wheels are suppose to be good though, yeah, but doesnt he charge a packet?

nope. £25ish a wheel inc spokes, which isnt much more than you is it?. they are the best wheel builds i have used by far. i have a 521 on a hope mono that has been seriously battered and i have had it for like a year now and it is STILL going. running it at the moment. he also builds jim davages wheels and some other "pros/amazing riders in DH etc. i wouldnt use anyone else to build my wheels i know that.

Edited by trialskid