Injuries

wee_grant

do you ever get it, when you have been out riding all day and you get in the house and you find cuts and bruises all over your arms and legs and cuts on your fingers (thats if you dont wear gloves)

if so how do you think this happens(lyk you dont feel it when it happens)

or am i a ttl weirdo ;)

cheers grant

I was out fixing my snapped chain once and i had finished and i came in the house, to find that my hands were all slashed, loads of little cuts that didnt realy hurt.

I found out that when i was putting a link back in, it hadnt pushed through the hole, and it had split the metal. There was a realy fine piece sticking out.

;)

if so how do you think this happens(lyk you dont feel it when it happens)

You probably don't feel it thanks to adrenaline. IIRC adrenaline does tend to act as a painkiller, with good reason - adrenaline is there to get you out of dangerous situations as fast as possible, so it blocks pain to some degree to help in this.

As well as that you're probably concentrating so hard on what you're doing that everything else falls by the way side - when I was out riding earlier I was hopping up a little rooted bank and was concentrating so hard on pulling my wheels up into the line I needed that I didn't realise I was smacking the inside of my ankle on my brake booster every hop until I'd hit it in the exact same place for about the 4th time. Of course then it hurt so much I nearly fell over!

You probably don't feel it thanks to adrenaline. IIRC adrenaline does tend to act as a painkiller, with good reason - adrenaline is there to get you out of dangerous situations as fast as possible, so it blocks pain to some degree to help in this.

:D woooooo that told you ;) :D

yeah this has happened to me, random cuts n stuff but the most bizzar on ive had is when i bailed on to my elbow durin a ride and it looked fine just a bit red, got home and bumped into a doorframe with the elbow and crunch, half me elbow had snapped off and was floatin around, still is now, dont want to go to doctors in case they only use a local to cut it out..........euch

Mark.

i always have random cuts and bruises, but what is weird is sometimes i will wake up and i have scratch makes on me shoulder where i have to stratching while asleep!  ^_^

mike

retype that mike:P

And mark(toxicturkey) your elbow is ^_^

although it is fun to play with lol. :turned:"