Gaming.....school

rocktrials

has anyone got like a console in there common room at school, or pc's?

are you allowed on games at school in the common room?

etc etc.......talk about it....

we are not allowed to play games....but we've got unreal tournament goty edition on which ever computer you install it on....and today (when it got started) we had like 15 players in one game on a LAN and it was so much fun!! chaos!!!

:blink:

We just used to gamble (far too much money) with cards. That didnt take long to get banned.. our head of year had probably 100 packs of cards in her office by the end of the year (I shit ye not).

Apparently they've filled up 'my' old common room with computers. Gone are the days of playing stupidly loud decent music to piss off the townies, while gambling on card games :blink: Those were the days.. good wholesome fun.

No, we're not even alowed to us Windows Media player at school, it's blocked!

But my media studies friend, Martin, is a code genious, and wrote a program to send a message to any computer on the network, which provides more entertainment than any game could. He's writing one to switch computer's down, which will be a laugh!

But my media studies friend, Martin, is a code genious, and wrote a program to send a message to any computer on the network, which provides more entertainment than any game could. He's writing one to switch computer's down, which will be a laugh!

My mate did that with the command thing off the computer. We used to send messages to computers all over the school to random people. Got banned in the end because people were getting scared :blink:

Bollocks he did. I bet he just used netsend...

This became the very topic in our 6th form today....

About a month ago i brought in a SNES emulator to play mario and basically amuse myself during frees. Well once one person saw it, they all had to have it. After a week of getting pissed off with people asking me for the disk and how to start it, I just whacked it on the public drive on the network in a hidden folder. Needless to say our head of IT (MAJOR geek) was wondering where people had got this from as today, we currently have:

SNES emultor with 10 games

N64 Emulator with 8 games (including mario kart which eventually ended up with people plugging in 2 keyboards so we could play 4 player!(

Vice city

C and C

So today he came down on the bouce trying to find out where this gaming epidemic had come from. Couldnt find it. So went back to his room, after about 2 mins every computer in the common room (thats like 25 computers lol) displays the message

"All computers in 6th form centre will be offline in 30, 29, 28 etc"

So they all go off, and were expecting the games to be gone when they come back online........the b*****d couldnt find where Id put them :blink:

haha,

My 6th form has.... a house!

I don't mean a block or a room... i really mean a full on detached house, down the street from the actual school. It has gardens, kitchens, about 20 rooms, bathrooms, showers, study rooms, relax rooms, 3 storeys (including the cellar). It's really old with loads of passageways and quirky little rooms. You're allowed to decorait the rooms how you want (including furnature and painting the walls), we have couches, CD players, TV's, the kitchen has everything from a freezer, microwaves, kettle, toaster etc etc.

All the groups of friends tend to group into cirtain rooms, and decorate them each year as they like, it's a HUGE house. We have BBQ's in the garden in summer, and it's just down the road from a chinese, McDonalds, and pizza place.

It's so big there are whole areas closed + locked off lol.

As for games consoles, there are 4 geek rooms upstairs away from the rest of the room where all the more geeky kids hang out, i think they have a console or two up there... ? Not sure, i don't really go there much lol

We had one of those charity Fooseball tables - it used to be 50p a go, then the coin thing mysteriously broke, so we didnt have to pay for a game. Charity guy thought we were right stingy b*****ds when he came to collect the cash and there was £1.50 in there... (N)

We have a quite beat up foosball table.. That's about it. A few decks of cards and stuff, nothing ground-breaking. The common room is quite small, and they just removed the vending machine, which means that you have to walk over to Nima's Tobak (100-ish yards from school) to get a can of Coke... Meh.

We had N64 and Gamecube at old school, but didn't play an awful lot. They had a dart board, but removed it after people threw darts at each other.

I mostly sit around in the corridors inbetween lessons, or we head over to Petter who lives 50-ish yards from school grounds...

We all play games in the computer rooms whenever we gain access.. Teachers yell but nobody really cares.. We used to do the netsend in cmd at old school, fooling our teachers to reboot the computer and stuff. Was fun until I got banned from the computer rooms a few times. But hey, fun while it lasted.

Hmm (see below) lol

Bollocks he did.  I bet he just used netsend...

I think you can do that. We could do it at our school but they took away the help files which is how you get onto the netsend thingy so we can't do it any more (N)

I'd love to be able to though!

You used to go into help then network summat then send message and select the computer you want to send it to and then send it. And it just RANDOMLY popped up Lol.!

Is there any way of getting it back!? They've disabled the Right click button, and there's no 'file' menu. We're on Windows XP professional on most computers, or Windows 2000 NT for the rest i believe. They're mega shit computers though. Sub 0.5khz :-

Oh i'd love to know your little tricks for computers! Lol.

I'm not in sixth form yet so i'm not totally sure what goes on but can imagine. There's a battered pool table, a shit tv and loads of shitty chairs with rips in everywhere! Dont think there's an xbox or nething because our school's tight and like anyone'd bring one in!

our common room has like 50 computer, and they are from stone by microsoft and aint too bad, at like £300 per comp....with 2.4ghz, 256mb ram, it aint bad...was running like 15 people over the network on unreal tournament today (N)

and the speed: oh my god!!!! today i had a download at 5.0mb per second!!!! bloody light speed :-

Edited by rocktrials

In our 6th form, we have a 42" plazy screen, a lift, that can be opened half way up. and gettin the fat people in there so it stops half way up i've heard is quite fun. we did have a common room, but i came back like after christmas holidays and it was a load of drama rooms. But i'm not in 6th form yet. But if i need to stay after school i go over there, cleaners dont like it!!!!!

I used to sleep in there during the day, was really good then it went, so I invaded the art department and slept there

Haha, Art departments are brilliant for chilling in. If the art teacher asks you what you are doing there, just say that we are posing for our friend who does art.

We just found out our college is building a new library, and the current library is going to be the new common room. Its huge, with a balcony floor.

It will be ready for next year, when we leave.

So two years of us fighting to get a common room results in the twats in the lower years getting one.