Favourite Gaming Console....

Dai the Socket

Whats your favourite gaming console.....  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite gaming console.....

• Playstation 2
    • Playstation 1
    • Xbox
    • Gamecube
    • N64
    • Super Nintendo
    • PC (Pc's and Macs :p)

No way 10 Years! :-

I've still got one upstairs lol. I got it when it first came out, i thought i was super cool!

Asif i remember that long ago!! I'm thinking about updating my gaming facilities and i know that Xbox and PS2 have online capabilities but Xbox's are better apparently, but their controllers are shit. (N)

be fair Pc 's shouldnt be with dirty mac's there totally different one for graphics the other for gaming get my drift?

I have a cube and PS2 slim dont play either :-

pinky

EDIT anyone wanna buy them off me? I need money (N)

Edited by pinky

NOOOOOOOOOOO ps2 seriously sucks,...seriously, mine is on it's last legs and i've heard of loads breaking, plus the games are dated and the controllers are made for kids.

Xbox is more powerful, it has more and better quality games, better online capabilities, and the controllers are sweet as fook...plu if you get live i can kick your ass. (N)"

However, the next gen consoles are gonna be out soonish so it's really up to you weather or not you splash out on a console that may only last another year or so.

It's really hard to choose a favourite....

Some of my favourite games were on my PC. About 15 years ago I used to play monkey Island I and II (favourite game ever) as well as Ultima Underworld which was a game that involved you killing goblins whilst walking around in a maze. Both were great point and click games.

But then again I was apparently pretty good at pong, and space invaders when I was about 4. The NES was awesome too, so many brilliant games, and the mega drive was great.

When I was about 13 or 14 (pre-trials) I spent most of my time playing on my plasystation. It's not my favourite console, but it during it's 6 year supremecy (end of 1994 - 2000) when the PS2 emerged, I played for so many hours. At one point I had a collection of Official UK playstation magazines which were mainly stolen from where I worked. This collection was over 50 issues (4 years at 1 a month) and I had about 50 demo discs crammed full of wonderful games for me to play when it was too rainy to go riding.

Those were the days... (N)

playstation 2 will win as more people have it,and pritty much everyone does not realse that xbox is more powerfull and has better looking/playing games and better online gaming

i voted pc (N)

Edited by toby

No way 10 Years! :-

I've still got one upstairs lol. I got it when it first came out, i thought i was super cool!

Asif i remember that long ago!! I'm thinking about updating my gaming facilities and i know that Xbox and PS2 have online capabilities but Xbox's are better apparently, but their controllers are shit. (N)

The newer x box controllers (small 1s) are way better than ps2 they have good layout for shooters and you can actually control acceleration progressivly

playstation 2 will win as more people have it,and pritty much everyone does not realse that xbox is more powerfull and has better looking/playing games and better online gaming

PC's for online games. Playstation for console. And yes, I do realise that the XBOX is capable of more polygons per second, but I don't really care. The best games are on the PS2. In fact, the game I've been playing most recently is Worms. It's probably as old as the PS1, but when you play 4 players, it's schweet (N)

PC's for online games.  Playstation for console.  And yes, I do realise that the XBOX is capable of more polygons per second, but I don't really care.  The best games are on the PS2.  In fact, the game I've been playing most recently  is Worms.  It's probably as old as the PS1, but when you play 4 players, it's schweet :-

worms is on xbox too though (N) and you don't have to spend money on a multitap to actually use 4 controllers.

Plus i bet you can't name 5 ps2 games that xbox doesn't have an equal or better equivilant of.

But yeh, PC will always be the best online platform, but its shit that you gotta spends hundreds just to get it to play the game n the first place, never mind the connection.

worms is on xbox too though  (N)  and you don't have to spend money on a multitap to actually use 4 controllers.

Worms uses 1 controller :D

And I can't be arsed thinking about 5 games, but GTA:SA, Burnout 3, Gran Turismo, Pro Evo 4 (Is that out on XBOX?). Oh, and that game with the microphones where you have to sing :-

Worms uses 1 controller :P

And I can't be arsed thinking about 5 games, but GTA:SA, Burnout 3, Gran Turismo, Pro Evo 4 (Is that out on XBOX?).  Oh, and that game with the microphones where you have to sing  :D

LOL well ok, i guess the 1 controller thing makes more sense :">

and all those games are on xbox too, except for Gran Turismo but it has Forza and PGR2 instead. (N)

meh, each to their own i guess.... :- :D

and all those games are on xbox too, except for Gran Turismo but it has Forza and PGR2 instead. (N)

GTA:SA?

Naaaaah. I did have an XBOX, but it just wasn't as good as my PS2, so I sold it :- Games like Tony Hawk's are faaaar better on the PS2 as well, because of the controls. I suppose that is personal preference, and yes, I do have small girlish hands (albeit with bike riding callouses :D ).

Had the most fun on my old sega master system when i was younger. Got an xbox now and its alright but i get bored of new games pretty easily, theyre trying to make them too realistic and less 'gamey'. I think the gamecube is the funnest next gen console out, for proper games.

plus the games are dated

Since when? They still produce them!

controllers are made for kids.

You'll find they're actually designed for the adult hands, as this was their intended market. They have been ergonomically designed for young male hands. If you have small hands ( :D ) you can buy some kid's controllers...

Xbox is more powerful, it has more and better quality games, better online capabilities, and the controllers are sweet as fook...plu if you get live i can kick your ass. (N)"

XBoxes are nothing more than IBM PC Clones @ 733Mhz x86 CPU/128Mb RAM SDRAM/64Mb nVidia GeForce 3. Which is nothing........

Technically, PS2s are designed from the ground-up for games - as opposed to a slimmed down PC. They have more resources dedicated for graphics, despite their slower 299Mhz R3000 RISC CPU.

However, the next gen consoles are gonna be out soonish so it's really up to you weather or not you splash out on a console that may only last another year or so.

Yeah, the next PS3 is apparently (don't hold me to that, it's what I read somewhere - and it stuck in my mind...) 12x more powerful than the PS2.

:: Phaze ::

PS... I've got a PS2 :-... with Linux running on it, as well as for games/dvds :D

PS... I've got a PS2 (N)... with Linux running on it, as well as for games/dvds :-

Explain...

And tell me I can make my PS2 play XVIDs and DivX.

It does have to be said that the Xbox is more powerful than a PC of the same spec. Games can be written to use the exact resources that the XBOX has, there can be no compatibility issues slowing stuff down etc. And no RAM being used for running windows in the background etc. The same obviously applies to the PS2 though.

Explain...

And tell me I can make my PS2 play XVIDs and DivX.

It does have to be said that the Xbox is more powerful than a PC of the same spec.  Games can be written to use the exact resources that the XBOX has, there can be no compatibility issues slowing stuff down etc.  And no RAM being used for running windows in the background etc.  The same obviously applies to the PS2 though.

http://playstation2-linux.com/

I bought the kit for it (N)) Available from various online retailers, or direct from sony-europe.

And for the Xbox...

http://www.xbox-linux.org/

And this for DivX.....

http://www.broadq.com/

:: Phaze ::

Edited by DJ Phaze