End Of The World?

Davetrials

because I believe so strongly in science, I'd have to go with the most popular belief that in however many billions of years th sun will get all arsey and decide to blow itself up.

but if you mean the end of the world of people ( sounds a bit LOTR :P ) then I think we'll probably end up killing each other before any kind of natural disaster has a chance to do it for us. This is if there arent some big changes in the world in the future.

oli

I too think the human race will have long killed itself off before the world ends. It'll probably be a very slow process, with the sun cooling down, and all life on earth gradually wasting away. Then the sun will become a white dwarf or something and then all the life left that didnt need light or heat will be burnt to a crisp. All the water on Earth will boil away, along with the atmosphere, leaving a big barren rock.

Edited by andyroo

rising sea level.....rising quite a bit every year due to the cie caps melting, this will cause more tsunamis etc and natural disasters, eventually killing everyone off

But picking up on Mr. Munkeys point, we may learn to colonise the sea beds or something. If we do then we can say bibi to trials :P :P :P :P. Moon BMX would be fun though, think of all the antigravity crater bowls. :P

Max

We could move to a new or many new planets. So we may change as a species so don't say we will kill each other just yet. Although it's bloody likely.

Maybe we will try to go to a new planet, and we will find one, infested with talking monkeys, so we try to destroy it, but it was Earth all along... :P

because I believe so strongly in science, I'd have to go with the most popular belief that in however many billions of years th sun will get all arsey and decide to blow itself up.

but if you mean the end of the world of people ( sounds a bit LOTR :P ) then I think we'll probably end up killing each other before any kind of natural disaster has a chance to do it for us.  This is if there arent some big changes in the world in the future.

oli

Being the geographer I believe the human race will destroy the planet. I think were rather effiecent at it.

Unless this world and its people change its ways or solutions are found then I say give it 300 -500years (gotta give myself a good margin of error) and the world will be no one.

Being the geographer I believe the human race will destroy the planet.  I think were rather effiecent at it.

Unless this world and its people change its ways or solutions are found then I say give it 300 -500years (gotta give myself a good margin of error) and the world will be no one.

Go Humans (Y)

Well the end of our world will eventually be destroyed no matter what because our star (the sun) will eventually burn out, when it turns into a red giant it increases about 10times its size which will engulf the earth in a huge ball of energy and heat destroying earth, but the likeliness of the human race still being alive will be slim anyway (Y) if the red giant doesnt finish us off, not to worry the sun will eventually turn into a black hole thats when everything will be a bit screwed, black holes act the opposite to white holes, instead of chucking eveything out it sucks everything in, so quickly even light finds it hard to escape them :sick:

the end of the universe i beleive will end either by the universe cooling down as its started cooling down over the last 15billion years its been contiunally cooling down anyway so that could destory everything or theres the view that eveything will end by colliding wtih each other, as the universe is expanding that one day it will have to eventually stop expanding then they beleive it will contract and everything will go back in on itself and destroy itself...oor people people the universe will never stop expanding and it will go on for an infinite amout of time (A)

sounds like fun, all we can do is speculate anyway we will be long dead (Y)

Edited by Bondy

Our Sun's nowhere near big enough to turn into a black hole unless I've been badly informed by someone.

Joe

yes you are right :">

it will only turn into a white hole/dwarf, also after the sun turns into a red giant everything will dry up and burn away basically leaving earth looking a bit like mars (Y)"

Also if any of this for some reason doesnt kill everything, there is also belief that our galaxy 'milky way' and our closest neighboured galaxy 'Andromeda' will eventually collide and merge into each other creating one single galaxy (Y) This would then change everything, we are only able to maintain life here on earth because we just happened to be positioned in the solay system where we are a certain distance from the sun and lots of other factors, so if anything was to be merged into another galaxy not only are we colliding with plenty of other stars and planets but we just wouldnt be able to live basically :D well it would be veeeeeery unlikely (Y)

Edited by Bondy