Crrrrrrraap

nbr-chris

Right, my T-craptor has well and truly died now with the addition of back brake, mech and 4 bolt mount to the list of broken bits. The frames cracked and theres a few other bits so its pointless replacing stuff.

I've decided i'm going to have to buy a new bike but i'm not sure what and i'm going to have to get it on credit which i'm guessing will narrow my options but means money is less of a problem.

I'm after a bike suitable for street and natural, maybe leaning more towards natural but i really don't know what to get.

Has anyone bought anything on credit and if so where from. Also any suggestions on bikes/ builds would be appreciated.

Do Tarty bikes do credit?- Guessing not as theres no mention on the site and they are a fairly small bussiness but.......

cheers- a very pissed off Chris :ermm:

I wouldn't have thought tartybikes would've done, seeing as they've not got a standard credit card system up and running yet, and you ahve to have a license to give credit which they possibly don't have? Is there any way you could set it up with your lbs so they order one in and you pay off gradually?

I'l have a word with them tommorow. I doubt they will be able to get any trials bikes in.

Halfords do Koxx and a couple of others so i might go for a look there.

I'm very tempted by a Woodstock but i'm not sure.

I've lost any remote respect i had for Onza in the last hour or so (Y)

Tempted to see what Clive (i think its Clive (Y) ) at Leeson could do.

Maybe if i could save up £400 i could just buy all the bits on credit.

Reckon a clear with like a 1060- 1080 wheelbase would ride ok?

Can't believe no ones said this yet but, surely the most simple way is to get a loan, then you can any bike from any shop....simple

Bit of advise if you go for the loan idea though, shop about to find the best deal around, the RAC had the best rates when I was after one.

Andy

I'm very tempted by a Woodstock but i'm not sure.

I've lost any remote respect i had for Onza in the last hour or so  (Y)

How come the lost respect?

Anyhoo, the Woodstock is an amazingly nice bike to ride. I rode a Mk.2 prototype last Summer and it felt sooo easy on the back wheel (coming from mod, when most stocks feel like barges). The production models are basically Mk.7's, so the geometry's even better now. It's well worth having a look at it, and it's got a wheelbase closer to what you want than the Leeson that's only going to be about 1030-1035 at most.

Mark.

I was just really pissed off that the frame had only lasted about 5 months before devolping a crack and the forks flex about an inch each way but to be fair it is a cheap frame and very cheap forks (tuf guys).

I think i will be going for either the Woodstock or the rex Woodstock spec and just being trialsless for a while.

Just need to decide on wether i want a more UCI type bike which i think i do really.

Chrisatactiv05- I'l have a think and let you know this evening. Do you have a rough price on it?

I'l also give bikedock a call and see if they the rex 'woodstock' or woodstock in full builds as they only have the spec 1 and 2 rex on the site.

Cheers for all the suggestions (Y)

I'm quite happy now i have a reason to replace the old raptor he he

I'l have a word with them tommorow. I doubt they will be able to get any trials bikes in.

Halfords do Koxx and a couple of others so i might go for a look there.

and pace

Halfords offer a 6month or a 10month plan

6months pay nothing no interest

10months pay all the interst in one go and nothing for 10months

level boss full bike £1000

Edited by Davetrials