Horizontal Dropouts

G-Jordan

Hey,

I was wondering if the horizontal dropouts used on revell 26" frames mean that you have to use allen key bolts?

I currently have a chris king classic/ hope skewer combo and was wondering if i would need to get a heavy duty axle and fun bolts to run in a revell?

Cheers,

george

Never used a trials bike with horizontal dropouts but when i had my onone gimp i used a QR for a while and no matter how tight/using tensioners it still slipped lots. I think you would be best going for the heavy duty axle/fun bolts.

The QR will give you nothing but bother, being a hope one you will pull your hair out, they don't even hold wheels in vertical dropouts.

Wouldn't it be possible to make a QR style skewer but with allen key bolts? So one screws into the other? Or a long skewer through the middle threaded on each side and then you can put nuts on the end or something like that.

Yeh they do those, just 2 nice sparkly bolts with a steel bar with threads at the end. You could make one pretty easily actually.

Have a look around for some, they definatly do them.

Good point Mr Noz (Y)

Pity they don't just make axles like mod wheels? I can get a QR in mine, or I can use my little allen bolts. Could use whatever I liked, assuming I found a 110mm QR, and forgot that QR's are shite (Y) If you use chain tugs, do the QR up, then tighten off the chaintugs again with the QR shut so it properly holds it in place, they should be fine. If they're not, try getting a Fun-bolt'd hub, I guess...

From other rider's experiences here, the main fault with wheel-slippage is the Shitty McShit-shit Hope QRs, so that could be the issue.