Super Thin Grips

Michael Hardman

soyo B) use gloves or your hands will hurt really badly. they do even with gloves :) soyo's last ages too. if you manage to break 'em, just put on some super glue :) if you want something a tiny bit thicker with even rougher surface go with Evertop :P

ahh, forgot. ive got 3 or 4 never used pairs which I could sell cheaper than "on-one", interested?

Edited by Backgren

Looks to be that way... Might suffer from the threads loosening but nothing thread lock wont sort i suppose...

Yep. I think that some bashring/sprocket combinations won't take that chain because It looks bit wide from that side where the head of the bolt is. But I think that the bolt is only on one side so fitting it another way around would solve this chainring clearing issue.

another trick to fitting grips: see if you can get hold of some pure alcahol (ethenol?) pour it down the grip, slide it onto the bar, then get an adaptor for inflating footballs (the needlele thingy) attatch it to your pump (an air line works best, but not everyone has acccess to those (Y) ) stick the needle in between the grip and bar, then just blow away untill the grip stops twisting- NOTE: this has works on every grip i've fitted!!!! so try it :- (Y)

On a related note if your lockon grips start to get a little play in them ie

"Throttle Grip" then simply undo one clamp bolt till the clamp can move, twist until there is zero play left and do up the clamp, simple.

Cheers mate but they just dont seem to want to clamp try all bars, they are fully closed, just going to use them on a mod im building and bought some dmr grips today for use on my try alls on stock.

Was going to file some of metal away so they clamp more but the 'couldn't be arsed' syndrome kicked in...

I use to have these grips on my last monty 221 x-lite.

i dont know what they were...remember the grip had "america usa" on them... and the 1st pair had loads of stars on ..they second pair lots of lil triangles.

the grip came in two layers...a real thin red rubber...with a heavy duty black rubber over top..the company logo etc was cut out so the letters came through as red etc.

they looked kinda like old skool bmx grips...with this round circle bit seperating you thumb from the bars and brake lever bit..if you get me!!

hard to explain really.

if ANYONE knows what grips they are..or where i could find a pair..please let me know asap.

because i looked them to bits and they were probably my perfect grip!!

thanks,

Tom.