The Hardest Decision Of All....

MadChikken

Ive got a Leeson 660 coming from clive soon, but I still need to decide the colour. Before its never been an issue, cos most bikes come with whatever colour the manufacturer decides. Now I get complete choice, and cant for the life of me decide ><

I know loadsa people have them in the usual black/grey colours, and I want something a little different. Been toying with the idea of the orange colour Cove use on their bikes (yes it is bright, thats the idea!!) but Im not sure if it'd suit the frame :D

Other strong possibilities are midnight blue (to match my minivan project) or white with black like on my rocket frame.

Any opinions people? I know its a stoopid topic, but I cant bloody decide!!!

Ta

M@

White frames look sooo sweet BUT they need regular cleaning.

All black bikes look stealth and very hardcore BUT are quite boring.

Orange bikes are quite cheery and pleaseing BUT make sure you get the right shade otherwise it could look wank.

I'd say Orange, just dont go too bright :D

You can't just lacquer a Leeson frame because of the matal the frames are made out of (Easton something or other...) will rust even if you have laquer on it. It needs to be a proper based paint to stop the weather getting to it. Saying that, I droped mine in a river the other day (See SWTC Boom and Volume 5) and Clive reckons it'll be fine. I've always been a sucker for Full On Nuclear Red (probably some colour I invented during a hair dying incident...)

Rich

Dark green, not British Racing Green, but dark green.

Mine is "dark green". Looks like British racing green to me :P

Dont get green! thats my colour :P

The midnight blue sounds nice.

I wanted purple, but i couldnt get it... Clive has probably told you that you can get pretty much any colour you want?! But like quick-spider has said, you realy can't :P

It will ride nice whatever you get B) :)

Are there really only limited colours? I dont want anything metallic etc, and clive told me I could have anything I wanted......

Ah well, will talk to him+see. I thought orange might be a lil full-on, and if u've seen a Cove bike in orange u'll know its pretty bright!!! Anyone seen this year's Kona Stinky? Thats a sweet colour, radar green. Toying with the idea of that now aswell ><

Looks like midnight blue seems a favourite atm, am thinking with either black or titanium colour graphics :)

As for the minivan project, its kinda on been on hold with uni and now work taking up all time. 1979 Austin minivan, still mostly in bits at the moment. Will get sum piccies up when I can work out how 2!!!

Ta for the help+comments

M@

White frames look sooo sweet BUT they need regular cleaning.

*If you want them to look immaculate. My bike's been white for ages, and it never gets cleaned. It's scratched t'fook but I still really like it in white. But don't get white - That's my colour :)

I think orange would be very cool though, if you can get it. Didn't tarty have an orange bike at one point?

Candy apple red? Another idea....crap Im useless at making decisions!! Gona ring Clive in bit to find out what colours he can do, then make a final decision tomorrow...

Midnite blue with black 'burns, red hope hubs+headset sounds sweet and is favourite rite now, if can be done.

I've had a white rocket frame for years Tomm, so u cant complain B)

Argh this is difficult :)

M@