Bike Show Info

Team Ashton

Hello again,

Thanks for all the positive feed back, i'm relieved to see most people are happy, sorry to those who's favourites are missing.

Whilst i have the oppertunity i wanted to let you guys know how we get to this list.

Basically through our experiance of putting on the Trials at the BIKE Show we have found that the most riders we can possibly accomodate in the arena is 15, any more and we can't sign off on Health and Safety. I'm often asked why i can't squease one more rider in but for any selection to be fair then we have to be strict in our decision.

The question of who makes the top 15 is decided like this; We firstly make sure that riders from the pages of MBUK are present, the magazine has to be represented, it supports our sport and quite frankly invented The Bike Show.

Secondly we watch this very forum (plus a few others, but mostly here) and see who is popular. That simple.

In our defence to those riders we missed out i would like to post here the list of riders we intend to call on should any of the invites fail to show. These places are based on a first come, first served basis. So Alli clarkson got in as soon i found out Dani Comas wasn't coming, you get the idea. other people are on the list because they are great riders but havn't necassarily contacted anyone about riding.

Stand Ins:

Matt Burridge

Tim Pratt

Ian Drummond

Chris Walker

Wayne Mohamet (love to see him in there)

Danny Smith

Andrei Burton

Gavin Bedford

Danny Butler

Barry Huskinson

Lois Morgan

Tom Hyland

The list actually goes on and on, but i think you will agree that just the stand in list would be a pretty amazing show. Riders we did invite but unfortunately had to decline were, Dani Comas, Ot Pi, and TRA.

Any thoughts on what you would like to see in the course?

Cheers,

Martyn.

With that sort of depth of talent, maybe it'd be worth considering Pro and Amateur sorta sections next year? So you have alternate demos where you get the "big name" riders like Hermance, etc., riding one demo, then the up-and-coming riders doing the next one? It might not be as showy as the Pro demo, but a lot of people would like it just because it shows people that you don't have to be on "The Team" to make it as a trials rider, and draw attention away from getting sponsored to first and foremost riding for enjoyment?

That is a fair comment, but one thing to consider; last year i missed The third show of the day (Saturday) because i had to get an injury looked at, the organisers office had fifteen complaints after that show because i hadn't ridden. Now imagine what would happen if Mr Boring and his two Trials kids que for half an hour to watch Benito Ros and he got Tim Pratt (no offence Tim) and he now hasn't got time to come back because Jay Mirron is on the vert ramp when Benito is on next. I'm afraid that we have to have some consistancy, that is one of the best things Trials has going for it at the Bike Show, if you sit down you will almost definetily see a fantastic show (with multi W/Champions and recognised magazine regulers).

Hope that helps,

Martyn.

hopefully the area will also have some very big, hard and technical obstacles to provide enough challenge for coustellier, hermance, etc. i think last year's set up looked somewhat easier than previous years, atleast on video clips... why have stuff that the best riders can ride half asleep.

That is a fair comment, but one thing to consider; last year i missed The third show of the day (Saturday) because i had to get an injury looked at, the organisers office had fifteen complaints after that show because i hadn't ridden. Now imagine what would happen if Mr Boring and his two Trials kids que for half an hour to watch Benito Ros and he got Tim Pratt (no offence Tim) and he now hasn't got time to come back because Jay Mirron is on the vert ramp when Benito is on next. I'm afraid that we have to have some consistancy, that is one of the best things Trials has going for it at the Bike Show, if you sit down you will almost definetily see a fantastic show (with multi W/Champions and recognised magazine regulers).

Hope that helps,

Martyn.

that is true but what about having the demos as usual! but between the demos give a few people from the above list a chance, just to keep the crowd entertain, give them experience!

that said you probably know what your doing (Y)

mike

i think the man himself may well have graced the forum with his god like presence!

good to see the trials community is being asked their opinions bout the rider line up!

the variety riding styles in the lists means that whatever obstacles and equipment they use no doubt there will be a few variations of how it gets used.

I agree with what Mark said earlier, some smaller, tech lines that riders can do, as well as the typical "big" lines etc.

A few sleepers, rails etc wouldn't go a miss, don't make it too hard, i've got to ride on it too. (Y) :">

Good luck with the organising and planning. (Y) :-

Mike.

Cheers for the info Mart (Y) I really enjoy the show every year but especially last year because of the lower profile riders, they added that extra touch of brilliance than made the show amazing. Im not bothered specially who rides, as long as there is some variety. 15 complaints? Blimey....

The weird mutant obstacles you guys seemed to create with railway sleepers and chainsaws was always a favourite, plus the big concrete pipes.

Looking forward to it.

Just a thought, would we maybe be seeing something new in the form of the next Ashton frame being showed off this year?

Rich

You never know. I would have thought so. Looked rather nice when I set my eyes on it. hmmm.

hey martin,

line up sounds awesome, kinda sad to see that dave marshall didnt even make stand ins! :">  oh well. Far as obstacles and stuff are concerned, i think some big drops/gaps are in order just to test the likes of craig lee scott! :D"

cheers dude, see you there! :-

Clearly, Martyn didn't want Dave showing anyone up like he did at under pressure... :P

Sounds like a wicked line up, I agree though where's Dave Marshall? Possibly one of the most talented riders we have to offer and he's not even on the stand ins.

James

So you can get some nicely stylish riding in too?  Generally, there's enough potential in there to have big lines between the individual obstacles, so you still have the other bits too so their style can come to the fore?

so what is that so called stylish riding? some old f**ker spinning on his backwheel or doing manuals? edit: sorry i was a bit drunk last night :P

Edited by mehukatti