I Want A New Phone

Tomm

Can anyone suggest a new phone for me? I want something up to about £150 on ebay (or wherever), that is just good for texting and phone calls and the odd picture, and works well. I'm not really big fan of all these new big phones that are basically like PCs and have internet/media players/organisers etc. I don't need that shit :D

Oh, and I quite like nokias. My mate has a 6230, and it seems nice, but the screen is a bit small, and his has got all scratched. But yeah, I might just get one of them if I don't see anything better.

Anyways, any ideas?

Thanks, Tomm :D

I'm yet to dislike my K700i

apparently if you get a non orange one it will have an improved battery life :D

Can get them for that kinda money easy :P

SE phones work fine, light small and sexy.... what more would you want.

Ooooh, cheers. You might be onto something there. I had a t610 and I liked that. What's the camera on it like? (I'm aware that it isn't gonna be good for taking proper pics, before anyone says. I have a digital camera for that :D )

Ill also be getting a new phon next month on contract from the O2 range. And I THINK ive narrowed it down to the Nokia 7610, motorola v3 or the nokia 7260. Anyone got any opinions on these phones (sorry to rob your thread tomm :P but I spose it will help you aswell!)

the k700i has a 1.3Mpixel camera so its one of the best around for pictures :P

That would be the S700i you are thinking of...

I've got one of the "non-orange" K700i's and like Josh I've been nothing but pleased with it. Camera quality is reasonable considering its a standard VGA camera and should be fine for what you want. Texting and phoning on just about any newish phone should be trouble free these days.

The only downside to this phone is that you cannot upgrade the memory, which you can on the 6230 (though the screen and camera seem to be better on the Sony).

Ill also be getting a new phon next month on contract from the O2 range. And I THINK ive narrowed it down to the Nokia 7610, motorola v3 or the nokia 7260. Anyone got any opinions on these phones (sorry to rob your thread tomm  :D  but I spose it will help you aswell!)

I've got one, it's cool. Good quality camera but you can only take 15s clips. Another good thing is I've yet to meet another person with the same phone.

Yeh its not a 1.3mp camera.

But does 640*380 res i think (non exploded)

picture qual is like this....

Picture22.jpg

and (not me)

DamienandKatie.jpg

this is an expanded one which i took not realising, some look ok but really its just resizing like you would in photoshop...

Picture13.jpg

obviously some pics end up shite, but can be fun... has a little built in light too which is handing for finding things in the dark, or taking close up photos of course.

:D

I quite like my motorolla E398, which is only available on t-mobile at the moment, but you should be able to pick up an unlocked one. It does the basics well, and has quite a good text prediction. It takes 640x480 photos and has expandable storage via a transflash card (although it comes with a 64Mb card). I bought a 128Mb card for about £18 and use it as an MP3 player as well.

The hands free kit actually works reliably, and the speakerphone is immense.

Oh and did i mention it has a stereo speaker so listening to mp3's without headphones is possible :D

I'm not sure on price, but mine was free on a reasonably cheap contract.

I'm yet to dislike my K700i

apparently if you get a non orange one it will have an improved battery life :P

Can get them for that kinda money easy :D

SE phones work fine, light small and sexy.... what more would you want.

I'm with you on that, got mine about a month back and it's mint. Top phone!

That would be the S700i you are thinking of...

My contracts up for renewel in 2 weeks and im seriously considering one of these. The only real downside is the size although there not that big really. Ive got a T610 currently and i much prefer the software to nokias :S Has anyone used one of these and do they recommend it? Cheers

That has Emo-Characters.

That's so cool.

Yeah, it's pretty ace. Not many on eBay though, I guess they're pretty rare. Might buy one from <insert random phone shop> :P

EDIT: If someone can find me a price cheaper than £96 (From Littlewoods) from a legitimate shop, then I'll send them a pack of smarties. Has to be on O2 or sim free :P

My contracts up for renewel in 2 weeks and im seriously considering one of these. The only real downside is the size although there not that big really. Ive got a T610 currently and i much prefer the software to nokias  Has anyone used one of these and do they recommend it? Cheers

I was considering one of them back in November, but they were too pricey then, hence me going for the K700. The only thing I'd be wary of is whether that rotating bit is in any way flimsy, other than that it should be a top phone if other current SE models are anything to go by :-

Yeah, it's pretty ace.  Not many on eBay though, I guess they're pretty rare.  Might buy one from <insert random phone shop> :P

EDIT:  If someone can find me a price cheaper than £96 (From Littlewoods) from a legitimate shop, then I'll send them a pack of smarties.  Has to be on O2 or sim free :-

Also... I can get it on orange for £70 (inc delivery), but it would need unlocking. Would I be able to do this easily myself, and would the phone then be any different?