It's Gone Too Far

on that? u must be joking

Is it right that Ken Livingstone should have to resign  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is it right that Ken Livingstone should have to resign

• Yes
    • No

According to this story , Ken Livingstone happened to say that the way Evening Standard journalists treated him put him in mind of a guard from a concentration camp. Fine you think, but the reporter happens to be Jewish, and so feels hurt, despite being too young to have experienced any of the atrocities perpetuated by the Nazis during the Holocaust. Would it have been the same if he said he felt like he was being 'thrown to the lions' to a christian journalist? That, oddly being a phrase which has entered fairly regular use.

me either.

but i think the jewish reporter has totally over-reacted...and it pisses me off how childish people can be about something that happened so many years ago.

Its the jews themsleves that keep these 'memories' in the spot light,

I don't know about anyone else, but what happened in the past, should stay in the past. Why do they drag it up when it apparently 'cut them so deep'?

The Holocaust was a shitty deal, but getting anal retentive over things like this is pointless. I think they should look at the history of the reporter and see if he's done any Holocaust Activist stuff or not, just to prove that this is just him thinking "A-ha, can get Kenny L in the shit here".

Either way, the world kept turning.

Mark.

Im not ignorant to the Jewish community but what about the others that suffered at the hands of the germans but I never hear about the other people that were murdered in them camps like gypseys and transexuals you only see the facts and figures, The jewish are kicking up a big fuss over nothing to be perfectly fair he used a example maybe it wasnt the best example but it was a example he said nothing offensive to the jewish community so it seems unfair that he should be called to apolgise as lets face it worst things have been said. Its like jewish want the holocaust to be remembered ( Like it should be) but only for the jew holocaust victims, maybe my judgement is wrong and a little heavy handed but thats my understanding of it and my opinion.

pinky

The Holocaust was a shitty deal, but getting anal retentive over things like this is pointless.  I think they should look at the history of the reporter and see if he's done any Holocaust Activist stuff or not, just to prove that this is just him thinking "A-ha, can get Kenny L in the shit here".

Either way, the world kept turning.

Mark.

If you listen to the tape he says "ahah im recording this you fanny" *

pinky

*may not be the correct content

Sorry to be so abrupt but this is just another case of Jewish people hiding behind something that happened over 50 years ago :P

I think Ken Livingstone has nothing to worry about and the Jews need to stop wineing everytime 'concentration camp' or 'Nazi' is mentioned

Note: in no way to this mean that I don't care what happened in those concentration camps I just feel that this needs to be left to rest :wink2:

On tape Mr Livingstone is heard asking reporter Oliver Finegold if he is a "German war criminal".

Mr Finegold replies: "No, I'm Jewish, I wasn't a German war criminal. I'm quite offended by that."

The mayor then says: "Ah right, well you might be, but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard, you are just doing it because you are paid to, aren't you?"

So for a start Ken didnt even know the guy was Jewish, and then the reporter says his only "quite" offended. Its not like the reporter had anything to do with the war anyway. Its like a Christian saying that they offended by a Jew from today because a Jew sentanced Jesus to death 2000 years ago. They are both completely unrelated. Why the need to instantly start flinging the "get out of jail free" card, by bringing his personal life into it? Hes a reporter for goodness sake, his life is spent prying into peoples lives, harrassing them all day and night, and then spreading rumours and lies about them! So he should stop acting all innocent because hes only going to get what he gives in this world, not going around acting like a spoiled brat.

If everyone went to councils if someone said someone that can be taken as offensive, then we're all going to end up with our lips sewn together incase we say anything at all! Living in Lewisham and being the only white kid around, I got a lot of abuse, and was constantly being harrassed if i walked through town, being called "white boy" and stuff like that. What a wanker i would have been if i went and complained to the "Board of Deputies of British White People", if there is such a thing- oh no, there couldnt be, that would be rascist.

On the news last week, there was a report about the number of anti-semitic comments made over 2004, and they had a record of telephone calls, text messages, emails, everything, and they had counted them all. Talk about scrabbling around to find something to whinge about! But there was no anti muslim comments counted, which im sure their would have been a lot more of, if theyd been bothered to look.

Lastly, WTF!?!?!? This guy looks like an escaped convict! Would you belive him? (Bearing in mind also his job pays him to harrass and lie)

_40826439_oliverfinegold203.jpg