Koxx Rim, Red Koxx Pads, 04 Magura

Corish

Why the hell is it shite?! It dont squeak and lacks grip, when he sidehops to a wall, gaps, backwheels anything, its slippin out, any ideas?

I only have one idea, may sound very silly though, could it be down to the sidewalls being thinner? Sounds daft but you never know?

corish.

Ever thought it could be the red koxx pads are shit? :-

Went riding today and tom was using them. He does'nt like them heh.

Also checked for oil, and maybe scrape of the layer of dirt on the pad if there is some, i have to do this sometimes with my bloxx.

In my experience.. as 'nice' as they look, Koxx rims are pants for braking. Ronnie's all the way! My brake's been mint ever since i got one.

I have a ronnie, awesome!

But back to topic, when he FIRST had a grind it was squeaky, and really sharp, and each and every grind its got slightly worse...thats why I think could it be down to the sidewalls

corish

I have a ronnie, awesome!

But back to topic, when he FIRST had a grind it was squeaky, and really sharp, and each and every grind its got slightly worse...thats why I think could it be down to the sidewalls

corish

sounds like the angle grinding disk is getting blunt.....

my koxx rim was really rubbish with a grind, dx32 rule :-

Will

the dish of a grinding disc wont make any difference but as they get used a few times they fill up wiht alu from the rims and dont cut as well i always have a wire brush when i grind and clenit off every nown again to cleanit out abit

try a new grinding disc and stuff

Dan

the dish of a grinding disc wont make any difference but as they get used a few times they fill up wiht alu from the rims and dont cut as well i always have a wire brush when i grind and clenit off every nown again to cleanit out abit

try a new grinding disc and stuff

Dan

I'll flip it over for now, get a new one soon. whats the best for rim grinding, stone, wood, etc

corish

its just the rims corish. there soft like monty rims.

im guessin its scottys rim your talkin about

if you grind again on top of a fresh grind it will probably be worse.

wet n dry it then get a stone cuttin disk and dont press on hard just tiickle it.

iv found thats best on monty rims.... but my koxx rim only lasted me a few hours due to the simple fact that my brake just wouldnt work. its the rims mate

hope ive helped

Edited by twentyinch

I've just got a new grind on my rim with some Batch B Heatsink's, and it seems to make both sorts of noises. Most of the time it's got the "Sshk sshk" sorta sound that you get from grinds, and it holds and modulates really well, but if I'm pushing it and I need it to lock it squeals like a pig but holds brutally nicely, so the jury's still out on what the 'correct sound' is...

I have a grind on my new echo rim, with koxx bloxx, and I have spend ages setting them up spot on (and anyone on here how knows me knows how fussy i am with my brake :- ) and, when going along at a jogging pace, it produces such a loud high pitched squeak that it hurts your ears, andyou resort to letting go :)

Avvvv it....... :)

Edited by Fishwog

its just the rims corish. there soft like monty rims.

im guessin its scottys rim your talkin about

if you grind again on top of a fresh grind it will probably be worse.

wet n dry it then get a stone cuttin disk and dont press on hard just tiickle it.

iv found thats best on monty rims.... but my koxx rim only lasted me a few hours due to the simple fact that my brake just wouldnt work. its the rims mate

hope ive helped

Nah, I see where your coming from, but it useto squeak, and my monty rim always squeaked and was mint with plazmatics on.

Best thing now is to flip disc over, grind it, that dont work, new rim. hes going to get a new rim anyways. I dont have any other discs, I shall buy some soon.

corish