Nass 2005

Teammad2004

Hi to all for 2005.

First of all, hope to see a lot of you at the Bike Show this year, please come and support Hop Idol over the two days. It’s going to be a great final.

Second things. I'm having a meeting next week with the NASS top people; we are of course going to be hosing what we hope to be a bigger and better comp for 2005.

Here's the deal, if you guys want the best Trials playground we can afford to build, we need your help.

I'm looking for 4 volunteers to come to NASS on the Wednesday before the show. You need to be fit, willing and able, prepared to work hard, and have a decent amount of common sense. (NASS is a big deal with lots of health and safety considerations!)

I warn you in advance, it is hard work, and I can get a tad stressed out! But you will be rewarded with food during the build up days, your own camp zone area way in advance of the masses, and of course free entrance to NASS for the duration. Not to mention a valued input into the Trials arena.

If I can secure the right budget for NASS this year, we can have an absolutely fantastic Trials arena, but like I said, I need your help.

So any comments, views, volunteers???

Giles Wolfe

(Team MAD)

Well, I'm a pretty stong guy, have worked as a farm labourer for the last ten years, I won the nass comp three years ago, have been there for the last four years, me and my dad used to build trials onbsatcles and courses where I used to live, have been attending comps for moto and bike trials for the last 8 years, and would love to help. I also live quite close to Shepton Mallet (in Taunton, about an hours drive to get there, and I can drive.).

If you need help, PM or e-mail me and I will do what I can. NASS is one of the biggest dates in the year and I'd love to be a bigger part of it.

Rich

I would be happy to help, but to be honest there are so many other people that will be wanting to help out its unlikely to happen :-

My opinion of my last 2 years at NASS:

At NASS 2004 trials had a massive area, but the space was not used as well as it could have been, also only 6 riders were allowed in at a time [i understand health and safety, but the area was massive with a big open space in the middle]. Im guessing that the NASS organisers just looked at the trials area and thought "We could use that space better by putting an open access skate park there" so they did exactly that for 2004 leaving trials with a smaller area.

The 2004 trials course was way better than 2003's in my opinion, it was just a bit crampt, think what could be done with a lot of effort and planning if we got a bigger area :closedeyes: Also in 2004 the mad demo rig was just sat there doing nothing but wasting space really.

I also think more riders in the area at a time *could* be done, the skate parks are allowed loads of people in them and health and safety cant care about that. Obviously to have more riders in at a time a bigger area would be needed but all trials riders get along fine in groups, we all go out on rides with anywhere up to 50+ people at a time and manage fine!

• 3 weeks later...

have you got all the help you need? if not then i am free and willing to help.

i have lots of experience working with large objects (i own a farm and have to move that kind of stuff about!) and im not too shabby at the old woodworking either (Y)

get in touch with me if you need me ;) and i also have 2 friends who are very good at woodwork (1 of which i believe has experience with building skate ramps if that is at all helpful?)

cheers, paul

• 2 months later...