133t5p33k

froggy

All of you slating it, actually have no clue.

Theres a whole scene, a whole lifestyle behind this.

Im not defending it, as most of the time its useless, and most of the time its used by people without a clue. However, if your anybody, you will come to use it, not as bad as they make it, thats the media for you. I've never ever come across someone using /\/\ for m, or |-| for h, ever. Thats all bullshit.

1337 however is commonly used.

Anyone with a good year or two, or few years like me of IRC usage, will understand fully what im going on about.

So, they are not retards at all thank you.

But it's stupid. Why not just say Leet?

They're obviously not retards, because the spelling is harder than actual English, so in a way, they're some form of super whizz spellers.

I guess you could say the same for anything though, like Trials. We get some kind of thrill from riding our bikes. And 'Leeters' must get some kind of thrill from using numbers instead of letters.

Each to their own.

Edited by Dave Gill

yer it is gamer/IRC talk reallly

Its just easier in game

Its not at all. Its mostly scene points to be frankly honest. Its also used to get a point across. If your joking around, or being witty, it helps the discussion/arguement a lot. In all honesty, it takes f**king ages to learn when to use it, and when not,

its all absolute bollox, talk normal u spaz's

Coming from someone who can't type "you". Nice one :-

All of you slating it, actually have no clue.

Theres a whole scene, a whole lifestyle behind this.

Im not defending it, as most of the time its useless, and most of the time its used by people without a clue. However, if your anybody, you will come to use it, not as bad as they make it, thats the media for you. I've never ever come across someone using /\/\ for m, or |-| for h, ever. Thats all bullshit.

Anyone with a good year or two, or few years like me of IRC usage, will understand fully what im going on about.

... and there is a whole world beyond that, with real hackers, not the kids who live with their moms and hang out on IRC channels and think sub7 is hacking...

... in that world they type normally, and it's encrypted the normal way...