Viz Forks

Chris@Onza rider

Hey people

Do any of you have any informatinon on the forks from viz? I would relley like to know a price for the 20 inch ones please, and any other info like what they are made from and how reliable they are ect.

Thanks alot. :)

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=48785 ther u go.

a bit more info :-

e-mail dan ko?

i have one :- so far so good. they are slightly shorter then my echo teams but are slightly heavier due to thinker material and steel steerer.. the black ones have a anodized finish and look lush.

i have been using them for loads of front wheel moves and hooks. seem to be holding up really well, have a more solid feel compared to my teams. i have only used them a few weeks, but they feel/look like they would last long :)

£95 posted

Yeh, theyre nice forks (seem pritty strong), tad heavier, than echos and zoo's like mr chai said, but are a bit on the expensive side? may as well just get what you know are good and save some money, by getting echos or zoos? :closedeyes:

Edited by *OnzaMike*

pashley make mod forks dont they?:-

go for some echo teams for the money and reliabilitly, because theyve been tried and tested alot more than the viz forks. :closedeyes:

so go for what you know that works for now: echo team forks :P

Oh then I like my face as it is with out a broken nose. so thanks I think that I will buy the echo's. (Y) cheers

Instead of me startring a new thread I will ask my question in here.

Will a pair of split bash megamo cranks off of a stock fit on my 20"? The cranks have a freewheel and I would have asumed that the cranks would fit on my 20" but I have been told that they wont? :closedeyes:

I have the black anodised viz mod forks. They seem really nice, and i love how low it makes the front end- great for hooks! They are shorter and stiffer than echo teams by some way, so if you are planning on doing any hooks, I would definately reccomend them. its investing in good kit, rather than slightly lighter, but weaker,flexy forks which will leave you less confident in your bike, and possibly have to be replaced after 6 months.

plus, the viz forks look much better! lol. they have nice fancy bits

Not meaning to piss on your post there Squit-man but any forks in the history of trials forks with bonded steerers usually snap where the steerer joins the crown.

This is due to the metal being thinner/smaller/weaker at this part in order for it to fit inside the crown to then get bonded. This is the only way a steel steerer can be attached to alloy forks.

With echo forks you have a full alloy steerer that go's through the crown and is welded at the bottom of the crown. This is a far better design meaning the metal is the same thickness/strength all the way down.

I have had VERY bad experiances with bonded forks, firstly I snapped a set of Orange trials forks, this being the result Linky. Then I got a set of Liteguys, Yet again a bonded steerer and I snapped then, I then borrowed a mates set of lite guys until i got some new forks and on the first day, guess what..... yup they snapped.

Since then I have only ran fully steel forks, I had OLD Echo Chromo's on my Base, I have Tuf Guys on my levelboss and I am using standard T-pro forks on my T-pro even though nothing else on it is standard.

I have seen these Echo forks hold up to a lot and I personally think they would be the only alloy fork I will EVER use.

Ok, nah, thats ok, everyone has had their own experiences. I ave found the best forks I have ever used all happen to be alloy forks with steel steerers!

The steerer seemed to be pretty thick to me, but I guess only time will tell, I didnt examine it in too much detail.. It has held up for tonnes of nosehops so far though!

The forks I would most compare the build and looks of the viz forks to, however, would be the pace 26" expert trials forks, but much shorter. They both happen to be my favourite mod and stock forks

Ok, nah, thats ok, everyone has had their own experiences. I ave found the best forks I have ever used all happen to be alloy forks with steel steerers!

The steerer seemed to be pretty thick to me, but I guess only time will tell, I didnt examine it in too much detail.. It has held up for tonnes of nosehops so far though!

The forks I would most compare the build and looks of the viz forks to, however, would be the pace 26" expert trials forks, but much shorter. They both happen to be my favourite mod and stock forks

how much did you pay for the viz forks squit man?

also im not being harsh on dan here or anything but, when dan gave me a set of viz forks i wasnt impressed with first impressions. the bonded steerer looks pretty damn sketchy and they aint half heavy. also they are bloody high which some people may like but it isnt my thing. they wont be going on my bike thats all i can say but that is mainly due to the geometry (sp) of them. :o

but then again they might be really good. they just havent been tested at all really this is why there needs to be some propper testing going on by the team to make sure they are allright before they go on sale, especially for that price.

Edited by trialskid

how much did you pay for the viz forks squit man?

also im not being harsh on dan here or anything but, when dan gave me a set of viz forks i wasnt impressed with first impressions. the bonded steerer looks pretty damn sketchy and they aint half heavy. also they are bloody high which some people may like but it isnt my thing. they wont be going on my bike thats all i can say but that is mainly due to the geometry (sp) of them. :) 

but then again they might be really good. they just havent been tested at all really this is why there needs to be some propper testing going on by the team to make sure they are allright before they go on sale, especially for that price.

Hey

The curve viz forks are lower in the next batch, its only the first batch that are high because viz didnt measure it right?, but the viz urban forks are alot lower and it is currently being tested by Rowan Johns.

Best regards Dan@vizbikes (N)

Hey

The curve viz forks are lower in the next batch, its only the first  batch that are high because viz didnt measure it right?, but the viz urban forks are alot lower and it is currently being tested by Rowan Johns.

Best regards Dan@vizbikes :)

ah right (N) sounds....good.

the thing is, rowan isnt exactly heavy on forks is he so people arent going to think "ah ye they are strong". he was using them pace forks for ages...

you want someone heavy on forks like cultiv8ed rossi to be testing them. then people would know what they could stand up to...

this is just my opinion, im not trying to dig you a hole here or anything dan.

ah right (N) sounds....good.

the thing is, rowan isnt exactly heavy on forks is he so people arent going to think "ah ye they are strong". he was using them pace forks for ages...

you want someone heavy on forks like cultiv8ed rossi to be testing them. then people would know what they could stand up to...

this is just my opinion, im not trying to dig you a hole here or anything dan.

Hey

Rowan are quite heavy on his forks, his front touches are mad, and he's learning hooks so it be quite interesting to see what the feedback will be, also Rowan is just stupidly smooth lol, he even run magura black pads on smooth rims :) and doing 50" to back wheel easy. lol

best regards Dan@:vizbikes :P

Hey

Rowan are quite heavy on his forks, his front touches are mad, and he's learning hooks so it be quite interesting to see what the feedback will be, also Rowan is just stupidly smooth lol, he even run magura black pads on smooth rims  :)  and doing 50" to back wheel easy. lol

best regards Dan@:vizbikes  :P

Thats the contradiction, get some fatty on the end of them and give them a hardcore bashing to test there limits, not saying Rossi's a fatty or anything (N)