Viz Forks

Chris@Onza rider

I paid £97 for my viz forks including postage, but these Im guessing are the low ones? They seem very low to me. Oh well, Ill just have to keep riding with them and see how they cope, they feel nice so far. I kinda see what you mean about the weight, althogh it's not too heavy. mine weigh around 950g, more than i was expecting for mod forks, but then having said that t-pro forks weigh closer to 1400g!

I would have thought that before the forks are put into production, they are are tested to see exactly how much pressure they can take at the bond. It wouldnt be hard to do, its done on most products that are made that are put under stress, so why not forks? Its quite worrying that they arent tested though

I would have thought that before the forks are put into production, they are are tested to see exactly how much pressure they can take at the bond. It wouldnt be hard to do, its done on most products that are made that are put under stress, so why not forks? Its quite worrying that they arent tested though

I know Onza do test forks 'cos I used to test the mod forks (snapped a set of SmartGuys which is why they now do the weird top bolt biz), and I'm pretty sure some companies do do it.

Hey

The Viz forks has been tested for ages before they are bought out buy the viz factory riders (which you will see them when the frames/bikes are out) and it was all ok, and afther like 3 months constant testing they have bought the forks out, but the riders in europe did not like the height of them, the company then had to change the height of forks to suit riders here, bearing in mind that the company hasnt been out for long, so they dont really know what standards in europe are looking for. If you think about it echo,koxx etc.... has been out like 5 years so they have been with the trials scene through out all those years knowing what to make for riders and etc.. and Viz is working very hard atm to find out what the next generation of trials will be etc... and also they dont have the money to make everything because they have just started.

best regards Dan@vizbikes.

Edited by trialsuk

Good question to ask :D

Others to go with it:

How long have they been out?

How many sets are there in use?

And how many of those sets are being used by Dan Ko's mates/people sponsored by Viz?

Hey

They viz are being runned by quite alot of people in the uk, and so far i have heard nothing wrong about them, and they are being used all over the world *Visit www.vizbikes.com* to see where the dealers are located. I have only ever used one pair of viz forks on my mod, and they are the prototype ones and so far they are still going solid. They have been about for about 4-5 month so they are very new still. Well I think the forks will get more popular in the future when more people have them and then the riders will know what are are like.

Dan@vizbikes. (Y)

Edited by trialsuk

Hi

They viz are being runned by average amount of people in the uk, and so far i have heard nothing wrong about them, and they are being used all over the world *Visit www.vizbikes.com* to see where the dealers are located. I have only ever used one pair of viz forks on my mod, and they are the prototype ones and so far they are still going solid. They have been about for about 4-5 month il say.

Dan@vizbikes.  :D

your using zoo/echo forks on your mod (Y)

Hi

They viz are being runned by average amount of people in the uk, and so far i have heard nothing wrong about them, and they are being used all over the world *Visit www.vizbikes.com* to see where the dealers are located. I have only ever used one pair of viz forks on my mod, and they are the prototype ones and so far they are still going solid. They have been about for about 4-5 month il say.

Dan@vizbikes.  (Y)

thats a bit vague isnt it? :D

If that's a proper answer, I'm the Shah of Persia.

aint it about time you started paying for some advertising too?

Hey

I have been in contact with Tom on the forum about advertising and have offered to pay for it, but he said that there is no space left for any advertising, and told me to try somewhere else. I mean its only fiar if i paid for the advertising, but there isnt space on the forum for banners etc..

Dan, I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of these mod forks, like real good quality pictures of the crown/steerer arrangment. Im slightly wary when it comes to forks as I have had bad experiances. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Also whats a rough figure of weight?

Hey

The Viz forks has been tested for ages before they are bought out buy the viz factory riders (which you will see them when the frames/bikes are out) and it was all ok, and afther like 3 months constant testing they have bought the forks out, but the riders in europe did not like the height of them, the company then had to change the height of forks to suit riders here, bearing in mind that the company hasnt been out for long, so they dont really know what standards in europe are looking for. If you think about it echo,koxx etc.... has been out like 5 years so they have been with the trials scene through out all those years knowing what to make for riders and etc.. and Viz is working very hard atm to find out what the next generation of trials will be etc... and also they dont have the money to make everything because they have just started.

best regards Dan@vizbikes.

I dont mean tested by having someone riding with them and saying "They havnt snapped they'll be fine", i mean by sticking the steerer in a vice, and puting a measured force on the legs and increasing it till the forks snap. then you know how much force, pressure, strain etc the forks can take exactly, rather than saying, "well they must be ok, none have snapped yet". That way you can be sure that the safety margin between the force your average trials rider puts on them and the force they can actually withstand is clear, or not clear, thus proving your bonded steerer does/doesnt work.

So na

Its all about fatigue though, also different forces being put on the forks. Braking forces, sharp braking forces in trials. Backwards stress from hooks, lots of instant stress coming from the front with bumps. The only way to test all these is with riders...