Front Freewheel Setup

Luke Drewery

Hi, ive had my hope mono rear hub for about two years now and it just keeps needing whole new internals every 6 months or so, and i cant afford to keep buying new ones, so i was wondering if anyone on here uses a front freewheel setup on their 26", and if so what cranks, freewheel, rear (fixed) hub etc they use and if they like it. I was looking at the zoo cranks which are front freewheel compatible and possibly an acs claws freewheel (because they're cheap :"> )

Also, i cannot afford a king...

Any help would be appreciated as my hubs just about dead again :closedeyes:

Edited by scunnytrials

i got front freewheel and it the secks.

get an eno freewheel.

there are loads of cranks to use. get the zoo's be different.

goldtech rear hub, tryall (bit expensivr) and woodman now do a fixed rear hub. oh and viz the echo aswell. lol.

i love my setup. feels so nice...........on the whole. :closedeyes:

have a go on someones bike with front freewheel.

thechink

I agree, front freewheel is a good way to go. If you can get an ENO do it but if you can't just go for an ACS and as soon as you get it, make sure its tight and take it to local welding place and ask them to tack the lockring to the remover lug bits. This should stop any hassle you may be getting with loosening, its worked fine for me.

I hope to buy an ENO sometime but until them im happy using the ACS.

The ZOO! cranks are fairly expensive aren't they? If no why not buy some Echo's (i think i read on tarty bikes they not have a steel freehweel thread :closedeyes: ) and get yourself an ENO.

I use Echo cranks on my MOD, have had no problems with them so far.

Tensiles are another very good choice, they just feel immensely stiff and look pretty good too.

Endofreak on here has locked out his hope hub, PM him for details if you wish to know more. Save you some cash on buying an overpriced fixed hub.

Cheers for the replys guys, sorry about posting it in this section, i didnt realise :"> Too early lol. Anyways, ive had my levelboss 1065 for about just over a year now, and my rear hub keeps knackering up and i fancy a change, and seeing as i cant afford a king, the only other options i'd fancy are a profile or a front freewheel setup. Riders like hermance and tra run front freewheels and they go huge but dont seem many problems? i know they seem to be a pain on mods though...

Edited by scunnytrials

Riders like hermance and tra run front freewheels and they go huge but dont seem many problems?

They do have problems they just dont publish them.

If your going to spend all the new money on cranks a fixed rear hub and a freewheel surely thats enough to buy a king?

Tensile cranks: £100.

Locked out Deore hub: £20.

ACS Claws freewheel: £12.

Borrow some Loctite for the lockring threads.

Sub £150, and certainly good enough.. Only had 2 freewheel skips in 1 1/2 years of using ACS freewheels.

Cool, but i was looking at echo cranks (£55 from tarty bikes) as theyre cheaper, but are they any good?

you'll kill your acs more times than your hope  :P. and hop have more ep's.

:closedeyes:

an acs has 36 engagements, and a hope has about 21 engagements.

what about an acs on the rear of a dmr revolver hub? £15 for the freewheel + £35ish for the hub.

eno on the front?

FFW tend to die more on the front then on the rear because more pressure is applied on the front than the rear :-

:closedeyes:

an acs has 36 engagements, and a hope has about 21 engagements.

what about an acs on the rear of a dmr revolver hub? £15 for the freewheel + £35ish for the hub.

eno on the front?

FFW tend to die more on the front then on the rear because more pressure is applied on the front than the rear :-

Im pretty sure that hope have about 42 engagements, and i dont fancy a freewheel on the rear...

I had the same problem but instead of changeing the bit get a CK, i got mine of tart and i havew not had any probmlems with a back wheel since, speak to him he will sort u out if u got the money

gaz :closedeyes:

Forgot to mention that if u carnt aford a new CK then he has got some nice second hand ones.

Edited by gazmaz03

Just remember to take into account the fact that the Hope's on the rear, so it'll have more clicks per crank revolution than the ACS on the front?

Since I've got my Eno I'm more into the front freewheel system, to be fair...

I also used to have a pair of Tensiles and they are truly amazing cranks, I really can't recommend them enough without interpretive dance.