We've Been Screwed

Rich Pearson

This is completely hilarious, there is no way its going to go to court, even if it does the judge is gonna piss his pants!!! I say take it all the way :P :)

I am amazed the police did anything. The police turn a blind eye to loads of stuff because of all the paper work they have to fill out! Have you ever seen a police officer arrest an under 18 for drinking alcohol? Most of the tme they just pour it on the floor or put it in a bin [This what happens at all the local gigs I go to], if the kid is properly drunk the most they do is make sure they are ok to get home. I really think the police involved must have been having a slow and boring shit day...

I cant belie they said kids shouldnt even be riding bikes (N)

Who is up for a mahoosive group ride in Taunton? :P

"Tic"

The best thing to do is if the police tell you to leave, just leave, and then go back the next day.

Unless its a place where you think it is suitable to ride, then stand your ground. For examle, some rocks laying around, they cant realy ask you to get off some rocks.

I agree with haydon, take them to court with your head up high. Just don't look all scared, if it does go to court, go in there confident and tell them what you were doing, why, and explain all about Trials. Personally, I'd show them the Coustellier - Rough Cut vid and say things like 'if people are getting this good, why can' you help us? You make skateparks for skateboarders who wax up railings, benches and walls, then GRIND on them. But when a kid on a bike touches a wall with his TYRE you get all shitty about it. Care to tell me why?'

If this country's going to get even shitter than it already is, I won't hesitate to leave it behind and move on with my life in a better place.

well really what we all do is vandilism! were all biast because we all ride trials! but look at it from someone elses view walls get destroyed flowers get trampled! etc etc! its not nice to think but were no better than any chav etc! we are causeing anti social behavour and theres nothing we can do about it! unless you constantly ride natrual!

im going to keep on riding trials and expressing my point of view of it being my passion and hobbie to police etc but in all fairness i dont think we can win!

It's not nice to think because its not tru, you cannot compair people, riding and having fun, To chav's. What we do is nothing compaired to what some mindless scum bags do, They will go out and intentionaly smash windows, grafiti,smash things up.All in the name of 'Fun' or ' cause i wanted to'. I live in a pretty big town, it had a lesuire park put in, which is full of night clubs and resturants and the like. In the main town center onli a stones throw away there is a thing called the plaza, Which once again is home to More bars and clubs. The night life is terrible, most people got out and have a very nice night. In most cases the lesuire park and plaza are just an excuse to get pissed and kick somebodys head in for no reason. Inocent people get attacked every weekend because of what i'd class as 'chavs' (anti social scum bags) So unless you go and intentionaly terrorise comunitys because you have nothing else to do then i doubt we are classed as chavs mate!. We are young so stere-o typed as trouble makers. Thats all it is and at the end of the day the police see the bad stuff all the time and they are doing a job. Give it a rest, if you havn't been un fairly arrested or got a crim record from it then count you self lucky and shrug it off.

Night rides all the way (Y) No pedestrians to bother/put at risk and the Police would rather be controlling the drunks coming out the pubs and clubs - that's how it works down here in the South pretty much.

But yea, totally harsh - the Bacon never do what they're supposed to, I dislike them with a passion.

Jonny.

Martin T! thats a perfect example...........

when we was out in keighley riding AROUND the war memorial the police came along. we didnt scatter and we waited to see what they had to say, i was playing on a rail to rail which was like at the side near a little car park area where the police had parked. they came up to us and said "now then,please dont ride on the war memorial" so we all agreed took no serious attitude with it, and said "ye thats kool" and as they turned to go away they turned back around to us and goes "you dont have to stop,lets see you do that" pointed to the 2raisl i was playing on, in mind this was a rail to rail bout 7 3/4ft static and wasnt the easiest thing to line up on, attempt after attempt battering the rail a few times with me bashguard after slipping back the copper didnt really mind, they do know that somethings you can get away with but others you cant, walls like the memorial if we'd have gone jumping on the memorial they'd have fliiped and so they would have had the right to if we had already been told.

so after about 10mins i finally nailed the rail and the coppers were impressed, we even all had our photo's took with the coppers!!!! thats how kool they can be about it.

if you take the upper hand on the situation and think your 10 places above god in the world league standings your literally screwed. best thing to do is

1) never run away!!!! the more you do this the more they think and will persume you WERE doing damage and on purpose!!!!

2) listen for god damns sake to what they have to say, you may sometimes end up half educated. on the other hand they may be in a foul mood BUT then revert to rule number 3

3) never back mouth bad to them,be nice ad you'll get your time to explain what you were doing if you tell them in a nice manner or a friendly manner YOU will be listened to.

4) the police sometimes want to be on your side, if your in the town centre not doing any damage and there is a few thugs on bikes (cheap crap bikes or stolen bikes) and the police are looking for them THEY will ask you questions and be polite and they will take what you say to them in.

an example of number 4! in shipley 1 night after work (were in the town centre 4 of us on trials bikes) we didnt know there had been a mugging take place letting on that we had JUST got there 5mins previous. the police are patrolling round and come over to us, they hold and take away "Flash" who is on the forum, just taking in were just riding around not really causing any controvosy at the mo.

comes back 10mins later were all baffled andf dont know what to think having a bit of a laff in the meantime...

the copper drops flash back off.............in this time i had spotted 4 lads on shit full suspension bikes and said to the other 2 of us that were there, "i hate people like that, there the people that give us the bad name!" i just had an incline that they were dodgy.

so flash comes back gets out of cop car and looking dissapointed. comes over and tells us the story of whats happened.........i said to him "F**K ME!" it must have been them lads we had seen, so be it when the police were scouting around and driving by we were pissing bout tyre tapping wealls and doing a few moves as the "Scallys" who had robbed the old lady were watching us, as the police drove past they skooted faster than saying "SCUM!" and i just had to do it!i went down the road to 1 of the police cars and stopped in the middle of the road with my bike. he told me to get out of the middle of the road,so i did told him we had seen the lads. he took it in and listened got a couple more cop cars out, i next saw them and followed them, then rung flash to tell 1 of the coppers where i was n where they were..............i rode back to the town centre and the coppers were hot on the tail of the lads who had robbed the old lady..................

see its not all bad..................

but thats a long shot but you get the idea that lads on bikes in town centres sometimes can look as if they are causing trouble. so please FOR me as a trials rider if caught by the police please dont run, if you dont run your more innocent that guilty, they know if you run you've done something wrong if you stay there they think wait a minute there not as bad as what were thinking they'll come over have a quick talk and take it in n they'll be reyt as rain with you.

Waynio................................

ps a quality essay there for you...........but the example ARE REAL!!!!Ask bucky cos he was there when flash got arrested i think n the other person was fruitbat.

have to agree with what waynio is saying. ive been stopped by police a few times back home just do what they say, move on and then come back later.

it is really annoying to think that they are wasting there time and should be out catching real "criminals" well, i agree in a sense. but think they have to respond to complaints about anything or they would be seen as not caring bout what people think.

be nice to people and they will be nicer to you, im sure there is probably something in the bible about that.

this doesnt just mean the police but general member of the public, if we all start being more civil and listen to others then they will have more time for us and will accept our sport and appreciate that its probably better we ride on walls than get wasted in bus stops and act like reetards. its always good to get the public onside, they might even get onto the local ccouncil to build u a trials park. happened for us in barlick (barnoldswick), its not right good but hey its better than nowt!

just be nice to people is what im trying to say in a roundabout way, itll make the world a nicer place, and in the long run could reduce the need for nuclear arsenals (but thats a bit far fetched - lets aim to get trials accepted first (Y) )

You dont have to worry about media coverage etc... saying u were follwing the examples of a sport shown on videos and magazines..wudnt get bike mags in2 trouble!!

for goverment to try and stop that wud be more trouble then its worth..trust me i know.. hence why the cant stop car mags talking about illegal cruises in mags etc...what you think they gonna do..stop spain and france having comps 2!!

mags only have to write that the features in the magazine are not the intend views of the magazine company but of individual featured..and they are not encouraging the behaviour unless appropriate..and they get away scott free!!!

but cud help get our guys out of court!!!

trust me..alot of my family are law students...

they'll never shut down trials coverage... but an innocent portrayal of following an example u believed to be a dedicated sport..cud save you arse!!

Tom. (Y)

good god whats the world coming to! :P i agree with hayden peters, just follow through ...so to speak, just go with the flow, see what they do :P the copper in question probably just broke up with his wife, or got a bollocking from his boss for not working properly (Y) anyway, i can honestly say i have never had any trouble with the four different types of police here :D yup, you read right, four types! :D , and some of them are notorious for being bastards :P my sugestion (sp?) is to leave the country and move somewhere sunny and pleasent :D

Edited by rhythm_101

not a big fan of coppers....but thers not much we can do.

and when were told to move on etc its usually not politely...

gamo got busted in notts a while ago, told him hed be getting a fine (£50) after he filled in the form and what no he got a £125 fine with 28 payment or a court summons!

the government support getting folk into doing something sporting, and this is what they do. all because were not playing football, some other crap sport, we dont get much funding for trials parks etc...

spoke to the council about it too...what to they do? build crappy small assed skate parks that are over run by chavvys and full of broken glass...

life goes on

i agree that is well out of order, personally if i was treated like that i'd be gettin them back into trouble and say they're racist (purely because im chinese (Y) ). but in your situation you couldn't do much... im really sorry to hear that but police around my area (MK) are..(and always have been) quite friendly...they talk to you and stuff... but you really got to remember different areas have different kind of police, some are complete dickheads and some are real cool....i also agree on that we are vandalising in a way, but not to a serious matter that it needs to be deal in court, its just stupid and yea they should really find something better to do...

anyway all the best with the case...

steve

Recently, Ive lost ALL respect for the police. Not for trials, but for driving related stuff. Ive been driving since august, and already been pulled 5 times. Fair enough, one time was for a rear light which was out. The other 4 times, im still trying to think now why I was stopped. I got stopped twice in 3 days. The last time was the final straw. I was parked up!!! Trying to find my bearings as I was lost. Flashing lights behind me and I got the 3rd degree. THEN my fingerprints were taken!!!! Which they are not allowed to do. The police treat young drivers like shit and its getting very boring having to spend a hour at the police station every week producing my documents.

Between driving and trials, ive found there are VERY few sound police. Most of them see how old you are and try and take you for a ride. Dicks

Police round here are usually alright, usually its just a, come on lads, move on please, we're getting harassed by the old folks on the phone and theres nothing we can do about it. Once they even pulled up by a wall on the road and wind down the window and the driver says "My colleague says, well done, you're very good" or something to that effect to jack (trialking on here).

Tis bad that you lot have been booked for riding, they should realise that all we're trying to do EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US no less, is to ride smoothly and nail our lines with grace, most times even without the use of a bash and just SOFT grippy tyres! They should start on the real problem, the chavscum. They're so easy to pick out, it's silly! Flat peaked hats raised to 45%, baby blue and white or pink hoodys and trousers and makes like burberry,schott,Lonsdale, nickleson and Mckensy! topped off with trousers tucked into spotless white nike tns or other make like Reebok workouts and either smoking or drinking all the time and swearing their grade 1 shaved skin 'ed mouths off!

To be fair though almost every trials rider is vandalising property.  Just because you think its for a good cause doesnt mean it is.  You can't pretend that walls, flower beds etc are designed for having bikes ride on them...

I know its tough but you've gotta understand that you are vandalising property.  Especially those of you that use your bashguards!

Ok so your saying any UCI rider can ride street but no one else? And I really think its nie on impossible to break a wall with a tyre.

If the police take you to court you can always say "Do we have an area that we can enjoy our hobby?" and say they our singling you out as there are skate parks, rambler trails, etc everywhere but nothing offically ridable.

Trial Media

I'd give them this, its to show them what we actually do, what out bikes are actually for, we aint no BMXer so we cant go to a "local" skate park we aint no roadie, we aint no down hiller, we're trialsers, just 'cos some bik aint got no seats they think oh look that aint an average bike its a bit battered so that means they're most likely to be vandolisers, druggies, etc.

The only thing I can think of is to appologise, and then explain to them what trials is about and then tell them that there is absaloutly no where with a TRIALS PARK, then tell them what a trials parl probably would contain, and that it should be indoors mainly because of the weather, and then there would be lights for the night maybe.

But anyway sorry to hear about it, I and a couple of mates have had our names taken down, but its never gone this far (Y) unlucky.

corish

To be fair, when people say "You have a purpose built skate park" our reply is usually "yeah, but we dont have skates...."

Haha, ye, it's so funny when they say that, We always get scalls calling us skater boys altho we are on bikes (Y)

people think that our soft rubber tyres damage everything, hmmm.

Just like saying do car tyres damage roads, well, do they poop.

Phil.

yer it isnt very far on the council but ours is actually doing something about it now theyre building a trials park for us so we can ride and not get arrested

me being 14 i have a fear of being arrested as i was once before and was threatended to get thrown out of my house by my mum if i do it again

she now tells me to run when i see them which i cant aggree with anymore

they know us all of us our names (where we ride) so we cant really get away with it anymore

its like they think theyre our mates or sumthing

it pisses me off to but u cant stop riding because of it jus keep on riding and if you see bacon then run ur asss off and dont stop till u no they aint getin you

a few of my mates have had helicopter chases and dog chases but only police on foot for me

Dan

That is harsh, very harsh. Personly I hate the pigs (sorry if a close relation or family member is one but no offence is ment). When I need them like when I was being mugged they were nowhere to be seen and they are more intrested in causing pointless trouble to mature teenagers riding bikes who are causing no harm at all. So now I do not think about calling the police when I am come up to by a bunch of townies and I am asked for my phone, I sort them out myself. Sorry but this annoys me SOmuch like poon's who steal, hate the scum bags. (Y)

Any way I hope that everything goes well for you and nothing uncalled for happens.

Tom