Just Got My New Phone!

rocktrials

Basicaly 3G is just the Broadband of the mobile phone world. basically GSM just uses 14kbps time slots to do a phone call, however 3G can achieve upto 384Kbps, most 3G networks at the moment use a 64kbps time slot which means the same quality as a normal phone line...

Its good techonology, maybe oneday we wont need broadband, everything will be 3g with a laptop or something :ermm:

Jono

3G - or 3rd generation - technology supports the broadband, packet-based transmission of text, multimedia data - such as audio, video and digitized voice - at a high data rate. It will greatly enhance the next generation of mobile communication services, providing always-on connectivity to phones and other wireless communications, regardless of time and place.

there u go :ermm:

woooo.....

nokia_6630_02.jpg

thats the phone, i like it. of course.

yeah...people got 3G right, no, you cant get this phone on pay as you go.....pay monthly/contract obviously.

£30 a month, 500 x-network anytime mintues and 100 txts......for £30 the handset should have been £150, but i got it for free seen as im good :- :ermm:

woooo.....

nokia_6630_02.jpg

thats the phone, i like it. of course.

yeah...people got 3G right, no, you cant get this phone on pay as you go.....pay monthly/contract obviously.

£30 a month, 500 x-network anytime mintues and 100 txts......for £30 the handset should have been £150, but i got it for free seen as im good :-  :ermm:

Ahh, my mates had a 6630 for a couple months now...screen dies.....Just wanruing, apart from that it's the shizzle!

i you on pay as you go, don't u get ripped off. Used to be, that you had to top up a minimum of £20 a month (i.e you first top up of everymonth is £20 exactly) and then at the end of the month any of that credit you do not use 3G reclaim off of you. so then if you've onli used a pound they get £19 of your money for the priviledge of owning a swishy 3G phone. Thats why there new adverts are saying sign up to contract 3G and get loads of free mins, cause they know if they get contract people thats money garrantee'd for the whole year.

Bit of a rip off if you ask me :ermm:

i you on pay as you go, don't u get ripped off. Used to be, that you had to top up a minimum of £20 a month (i.e you first top up of everymonth is £20 exactly) and then at the end of the month any of that credit you do not use 3G reclaim off of you. so then if you've onli used a pound they get £19 of your money for the priviledge of owning a swishy 3G phone. Thats why there new adverts are saying sign up to contract 3G and get loads of free mins, cause they know if they get contract people thats money garrantee'd for the whole year.

Bit of a rip off if you ask me  :ermm:

No, They "said" that if you don't top up at least £10 a month, then your sim will be like.."terminated" (dont know any other way to put it)....

But that is a loads of Bullshit, My mates dad works for 3, and he says that they won't cancel you sim or anything.......

I havn't had credit for at least 3 months now, nothings happened

Tom

But people don't want to be seen while they are on the phone.  It's like talking you your computer instead of using a keyboard/mouse.  It'll never happen.  3G's been out for ages and no-one uses it.  There's a reason for that!

Yeah, it's a load of crap, who the hell holds their phone at arms length pointing towards them so the other person can see them :ermm:

Though thats not only use for 3G.

Thing is, 99% of the phones with cameras out there have the crappest optics ever. The lense is the size of a pea, with fixed focus. You won't see anything decent through it unless you point it at the sun basically..

Video calls suck. I prefer the classic voice calling..