Viz Rim

Michael Hardman

Whats the difference bewteeen the new viz mod rims and the sand bash mod rims

Can I still get the rims in the narrower width as I dont like the idea of 46 and 39mm rims

Main thing though are they any better at holding a grind than a Koxx rim and whats the performance like.

If your sponsered by them answer but I will not listen

Fishwog's got a pretty much just silver bike. Don't Monty make just silver rims? If you're desperate that is, seeing as X-Lite rims don't really seem to be...well...even half good... You can get silver Alex DX-32's, can't you? They aren't properly polished silver, but they are silver, if you get me? They have the big DX-32 stickers, but you should be able to take them off? I'll try and find a link to the Alex page and see if they are...

Mark.

EDIT - here we are:

mb_dx32.jpg

They're available from a unicycling site which was posted up on here not so long ago, at £23, without postage. They take a grind super well, and are pretty bombproof, so might be worth a look?

Just found the link; you posted it up :">

The only reason I want them is they are the only silver rim i can find that might be half good.

I have a clour scheme/idea going on and well i may the first who actually wants a completely silver bike

Echo rims? Try find someone with some silver ones, or get the new ones they not all silver but still they would suit the bike with the bike being silver and the stickers being black :ermm:

corish

Not sure if I'd really like a rim minus a few spokes.. Bit of a bodge on a bike so perfect...

Yea true.

But still you CAN get Echo 36H In silver if you look around??? Or maybe second hand? be hard to find but I'm sure it would be worth it.

corish

Hey

I difference between the sand bash and the anodised rims, are the effect in the color, the anodised version are shiny and looks sweet in the night time, and the sand bash version are like matt colors, which give a very sharp color in the day time, but not as good as the anodisedi version in the night time.

Best regards Dan@trials-uk :ermm:

Ah, so 'sand blasted' (sand bash, hehe) before anodising then, creating a matt finish rather than gloss :(

As well as the sidewall channel difference (compared to the older style rims):

http://www.vizbikes.com/newrim19.jpg

That's right :P

Oh the new rims also has a channel on the rim surfacelike tart said, its for the water to channel throught the rim, leaving you a super good break in the wet(Y) and its acts like a wear indicator aswell, so once the rim has reached the line, it means its time to change rim(Y) :P

Best regards Dan@vizbikes

Thats fair to say :( Shame theyre all such massive files though! Keep a look out for TartyBikes version 3 if you like pics  :P"

One good picture is better than twenty crap ones (not saying the ones on Viz are crap) and also gives you the benefit of quick loading times. The idea on tartybikes of showing a small pic, which can be enlarged to a larger detailed pic is better than instantly having five large pics which could be a 56kers worst nightmare

One good picture is better than twenty crap ones (not saying the ones on Viz are crap) and also gives you the benefit of quick loading times. The idea on tartybikes of showing a small pic, which can be enlarged to a larger detailed pic is better than instantly having five large pics which could be a 56kers worst nightmare

Hey

Its people opinions dont you think? some people might like lots of pics? or some likes just the one, but most people has broadband nowadays so it dosnt really matter, it cant be that harmfull on waiting about 1-2 minutes more...

regards Dan