• Plaz Crm's
    • Rim jam blues
    • Zoo
    • Coust
    • Heatsink
    • Koxx Yellows
    • Koxx Reds
    • Koxx Browns

Alright, so my koxx yellows have suddenly gone uber crap, for no apparent reason. They havent got loads of pad left so i thought i would get some new ones. But i am spoilt for choice.

I do NOT want to run a grind, as i really just cant be arsed, i know it makes it loads better, but i want a reliable brake without one.

I want pads which will last quite a while, but to be honest, i doubt any pad will wear greatly on a smooth rim.

I dont manual, so i want BITE and LOCK, modulation would just be a bonus!

So choose the pad which you think would be best for my situation! As they are all between 10-18 quid, price doesnt matter.

Fil.

P.S sorry if this has been posted, i just need help for my specific situation.

plazmatics crms worked good on my koxx rim. and worked even better on a bmf(same material as a ronnie, echo). but they lacked bite. also as soon as wetness comes in contact with the plazmatics they become USELESS :turned: . Also when i added tar to help them work better in the dry, it didnt really appect the perfomance noticeabley.

Then i found the wounders of the ZOO! pad (Y) :-

they worked ace on a dirty rim.

worked when slightly wet.

worked more than ace on a clean rim. they work when its snowing.

worked UBER ace with little tar.

all in order from good to ACE!!!

they have squeek and bite in all of the above and still work ace.

so theyre goona work even better on something like a; ronnie, bmf of echo rim(harder material, better braking surface)

What about the life on the zoo pads, they sound very good, but ive heard they wear down in seconds. At the moment, i have a pretty dead grind, but would i be better off if i sanded it down as much as i could because i would be very happy if these pads lasted me 6 months..... (is that asking too much?)

What about the life on the zoo pads, they sound very good, but ive heard they wear down in seconds. At the moment, i have a pretty dead grind, but would i be better off if i sanded it down as much as i could because i would be very happy if these pads lasted me 6 months..... (is that asking too much?)

they should last. but im unsure... get a new rim?

they are showing no signs of wear on my rim... but did wear fairly quick on my mates grind.

BUT even if you do sand the grind off, itll still have a rough braking surface.... :turned:

there again a reckon it it wasnt uber smooth.. then theyd still grip and bite ACE!

At the moment, i have a pretty dead grind

In my experience, once you have done a grind on a rim, thats it, it has to be a ground rim forever. Even when you think a grind has totally worn off, it will still have many imperfections that will actually make a brake worse. Even sanding it down wont solve this. If I were you Id stick with grinding, or if your desperate for no grinding, get a new smooth rim

Also, how many grinds can a run of the mill onza rim ( the dx32 one, i think) take before it gets really weak?

Bloody ages, from what I can tell with mine and other people's.

My green Batch B 'sinks are working nicely. Got Plaz CRM's on a ground rim up front, and both brakes work stupidly well in the wet. Yes, you read that right - CRM's, working well, in the rain.

EDIT: Steve's restarting orders this week some time, I believe?

Can anyone recommend me pads for my setup, hs33's on a try-all gold drilled rim (the 38mm one i think, really wide!) with a super light grind as it's wearing off and i probably wont grind again. Zebdi frame.

I would use heatsink's as they sound really good but they say on the site not to use with try-all/koxx rims :turned:

I'm after a super lock, had really bad falls recently flying onto my back and arse :P

Can anyone recommend me pads for my setup, hs33's on a try-all gold drilled rim (the 38mm one i think, really wide!) with a super light grind as it's wearing off and i probably wont grind again. Zebdi frame.

I would use heatsink's as they sound really good but they say on the site not to use with try-all/koxx rims :blink:

I'm after a super lock, had really bad falls recently flying onto my back and arse (Y)

You have the 47mm rim alex.. best thing you could do is get som heatsink c's (if thier still made) Just run these and should lock pretty well.

I would just regrind when needed and get some of the 05 white heatsinks, you will have a far beter brake. Also make sure the pads are 100% square to the rim!

Plaz CRM.. loved mine on a smooth rim, just make sure you keep the pads and braking surface clean. I sometimes used the smallest amount of tar, like a 3 cm long line of it on each side of the rim. Locked up great and the bite was also great :blink:

I'm now running them on a grind and the ony advantage I'v found is a little more modulation (Y)

Sam