Rubbing, Lots Of It

LEON

Why is my rear brake rubbing? Any time i bunny hop,manual,generally pull the front up with any force it rubs on the brake, i have tried both my wheels which were both recently back from hope all fixed up, i have..

Zebdi (2nd hand but no abuse/hard use

Xc hub (both)

521 rim (very tight straight build)

magura (f**king tight, pads at good angle & far away from rim as poss)

Hope skewer (f**king tight)

I'm suspecting the skewer a bit for some reason (Y)

Its done it on a couple of my frames in the past, Zero being the worst, any ideas? As its making my new bike not alot of fun really, cheers

LEON

Seriously, it's the Hope skewer. My friend had that trouble; changed to some cheap crappy one and it worked better. It's the same story for a load of people. Hope skewers are whack!

i dont think they are, put it this way i had more proble with my wheel falling out with a shitmano sqewer lol.

on your frame where the wheel goes it, on the dropouts is all that chewed up? becasue it could be the same as my ddg where the dropouts were worn, instead of being lets say 10mm wide they are 11, meaning the wheel slips to one side all the time, loosen your sqewer and see if you can move your wheel left and right then look in the dropout and see if its moving in there (Y)

The frame seems totally fine, so did my last one, and the one before,lol.

Theres a tiny bit of wobble without the skewer as you'd expect but nothing that every other bike i've ever seen doesn't do, slides in and out without too much hassle, and like i said the frames not abused at all,i'd be very surprised if it has been the frames all along, we shall see....

Ordered one of these anyway

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5855

I'm praying (Y)

Cheers people

LEON

Seriously, it's the Hope skewer.  My friend had that trouble; changed to some cheap crappy one and it worked better.  It's the same story for a load of people.  Hope skewers are whack!

What has everyone got against hope skewers? I have ran them for years and never had any problems.

Ditto that, A couple of my friends have had Hope rear skewers and had nothing but trouble with them, and I've always had an XT skewer and it's been brilliantfor coming on two years......

Saying that, no one ever has trouble with the front ones :(

Any chance the axle could be broken? Some peoples go un noticed for ages...

That happened to me, my hub kept getting worse and worse with skipping till it was unrideable, and when taken apart it was discovered my axle was snapped and i had been riding for about a month like that not knowing! I soon got it sorted though. I have trouble with my wheel rubbing on the left side of my brake on the back, im going to get my wheel dished again, that could be a solution to try? If not, just check everything over again ie spokes, dropouts etc

my 521 catches when i put pressure on the back wheel and thats with a hope skewer, maybe it is the skewer, the wheel is almost new and is pretty dam true.

im guna try my xt one out the other bike and see what happens.

We have a winner! The skewer turned up with my wheel back from hope, turns out the wheel had a broken axle :ermm: and all is well, but i suppose this means the other axles broke too! :wub:

So i'm gonna look like a bit of a ponce sending the other 1 straight off :blink:

Cheers people :)

Happy ending, I'm now ready to own the streets again :o

LEON