Carbon Gone Mad!

Dan@Trials-uk

its not a bianchi, its a crescent with bianchi stickers/special paint!

But still they were sold as "Bianchi" trial frames... So it is not a Crescent Illionois that have been painted after purchasing. Martin Kleivard (Sweden) bought all the rest 20 Bianchi frames, stripped the paint and refinished them in a nice cameleont purpleish to green color.

Edited by Da Make

But still they were sold as "Bianchi" trial frames... So it is not a Crescent Illionois that have been painted after purchasing. Martin Kleivard (Sweden) bought all the rest 20 Bianchi frames, stripped the paint and refinished them in a nice cameleont purpleish to green color.

pissed on my strawberries! lol

gallery_4300_516_16046.jpg

still a crescent :lol:"

The rotor is just stupid and i cant figure out if the magura is all carbon or just a carbon cover :lol:  How does the stem cap work :lol:

Thats just plain silly.

yeah whats the deal with the top cap??

or it could be a normal stem cap with carbon firbe sheeting stuck on it????

can you not see a slight dimple in the middle of it???

I quite fancy a set of those carbon covers for my magura's.

i didnt get the whole post about what the cost was and spacers and what i had to measure etc etc...

i aint no good at currancy coversion... and i aint tech enough with bikes to understand what to measure...

sumone fancy helping me out.

if not i'll just leave them..but i think they wud look really at home and tarty on my bike.

cheers Tom. :lol:

(N) :P :P :P ...... I always thought "Carbon" was a different thing to "Carbon Fibre" Another simple lesson learnt :D

carbon is a different thing to carbon fibre! :D go stick some bread in your toaster, burn it, and the black shite is carbon :P don't think you could make a disc rotor out of it though! :P

carbon is a different thing to carbon fibre! (N) go stick some bread in your toaster, burn it, and the black shite is carbon :D don't think you could make a disc rotor out of it though! :D

It's like saying a metal I-beam is a different thing to steel. Carbon fibre is still carbon...

I quite fancy a set of those carbon covers for my magura's.

i didnt get the whole post about what the cost was and spacers and what i had to measure etc etc...

i aint no good at currancy coversion... and i aint tech enough with bikes to understand what to measure...

sumone fancy helping me out.

if not i'll just leave them..but i think they wud look really at home and tarty on my bike.

cheers Tom.  :D

I drew you a diagram :P

gallery_179_626_15061.jpg

Dunno about £GBP prices though. XE.com's usually up there with the latest rates :D

Edit: Whack a spacer on the driveshell, as the spacers don't take up all of the shell, so measuring it all won't give you an accurate measurement. Line up the ring to where you want it, measure from the side of the spacer nearest the hub shell to the nearest (and closest part) of the sprocket you're gonna use, and then do it on the other side to the end of the driveshell :D

Edited by Dave Gill

It's like saying a metal I-beam is a different thing to steel.  Carbon fibre is still carbon...

no, it's more like saying paper and trees are the same thing :blink: obviously you can't make carbon fibre without carbon, but a chunk of carbon on its own is no good for making carbon fibre

hmmmm.. i though somewhere on the post it said there was something i had to measure or something.

Magura covers are 10€, and S/s spacer kits are 15€ (both sides). You have to measure what sizes you want yourself, and he'll whack you up a set. He's able to make them to 0.1mm tolerances.

thats the quote above if its worked correctly.

unless i miss read it...and it was talking about the spacer thingy for the hub/cassette.. ooh i dont know.. i just fancy them magura covers!!

Tom.

(im such a muppet!!!.. the measuring refers to the spacers to space out the single speed cog etc..right?!) god im blonde!!!

Edited by Trials tom_s