Kmc Kool Chain

sharn

Just wonderd if there was actually any difference between the full silver one in the bluey box...

This one..

And the one with black bits inbetween each plate in the black and gold box...

And this one?

Because iv had both, and i was able to snap the black bit just in my hands, but i cant on the silver ones.

Just wonderd if theres any difference at all? Or if it was just coincedence i snapped one :turned:

Sharn :)

Edited by sharn

BUT go for the 510HX, stronger

Pretty sure thats not the case Stu? :turned: Dont KMC claim breaking load of 1300kg for the Kool, and 1100kg for the 510?

I also had a K510HX, and killed it pretty quickly - sheared a plate in half.

Might be something to do with them being used on BMX instead of MTB?

Pretty sure thats not the case Stu?  :turned: Dont KMC claim breaking load of 1300kg for the Kool, and 1100kg for the 510?

I also had a K510HX, and killed it pretty quickly - sheared a plate in half.

Might be something to do with them being used on BMX instead of MTB?

Yeah i spose :- I did not think of that, It might be because the links are bigger they catch on walls more when grinding, etc. maybe.

Stu

SORRY: Wrong section, mustv clicked wrong. Could someone please move this?  ;)

Seems to be the right section to me. (Y)

Anyway, as far as i know they are the same chain. :)

Seems to be the right section to me.  (Y)

Anyway, as far as i know they are the same chain.  :)

There's a reason for that ;)"

I don't *think* there's a difference between the two chains. I've had one in each box, and they've been largely the same?

I think the reason BMXers don't appreciate the Kool-ness is 'cos it's got fairly sort of bulbous links that can 'snag' on walls and such when grinding, effectively lunching itself. However, with trials, 'cos of bashrings and so on it's generally OK.

Mark.

I cant fault kools on trials bikes but on my bmx the plates kept pulling off the pins... was rather gay. It was happening in places not damaged by grinding too.

Only thing i can put it down to is the continous motion a bmx chain go's through making more play where as trials sort of stretches it out straight and keeps it inline..

Dont know if this helps anyone..but im picking my new chain up today from a local bike shop.. as i snapped a kmc chain a few days ago...

i was gonna get a kmc kool... but then he showered me these new chains they have ordered in...

its got flat links...so looks quite trick and also..because its styled for street riding..it can take grinds for bmxers...and bashes of walls and stuff..

you can get them in colours... like silver, red, blue etc.

and they have a stronger breaking load then the kool and any other chain i seen.

breaking load on a kool is something like 13 tonnes i think..where as the breaking load on this chain is 15 tonnes.

thats quite abit more.. bad point the chain does cost 20 quid.. but meh!!

if it works and gives u the confidence it wont snap..whats a tenner!!

i dont know the chains name..but will post it up later today or something..once i have fitted it. (Y)

Dont know if this helps anyone..but im picking my new chain up today from a local bike shop.. as i snapped a kmc chain a few days ago...

i was gonna get a kmc kool... but then he showered me these new chains they have ordered in...

its got flat links...so looks quite trick and also..because its styled for street riding..it can take grinds for bmxers...and bashes of walls and stuff..

you can get them in colours... like silver, red, blue etc.

and they have a stronger breaking load then the kool and any other chain i seen.

breaking load on a kool is something like 13 tonnes i think..where as the breaking load on this chain is 15 tonnes.

thats quite abit more.. bad point the chain does cost 20 quid.. but meh!!

if it works and gives u the confidence it wont snap..whats a tenner!!

i dont know the chains name..but will post it up later today or something..once i have fitted it. (Y)

Konnex? KHE?

Anyway, the Shadow chain stretches a Hell of a lot due to the shape of the plates (if you're referring to the "Interlock" chain?). It's a super strong chain, but that doesn't count for much if you've got to keep dicking around with chain tension/buying a new one.

Konnex?  KHE?

Anyway, the Shadow chain stretches a Hell of a lot due to the shape of the plates (if you're referring to the "Interlock" chain?).  It's a super strong chain, but that doesn't count for much if you've got to keep dicking around with chain tension/buying a new one.

like i said ... i aint sure!! but i will post later 2nite or something.. i'lll give it a test 2!

then give you a mini sized review.

I know a BMXer who doesn't do anything big who made his Shadow Conspiracy chain fall apart in about a week... Avoid methinks! Also, on the KMC front, check out the 'Eastern' Kool chains for sale on BMX-shop. They are also KMC Kools but only £6.99.

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

I know a BMXer who doesn't do anything big who made his Shadow Conspiracy chain fall apart in about a week... Avoid methinks! Also, on the KMC front, check out the 'Eastern' Kool chains for sale on BMX-shop. They are also KMC Kools but only £6.99.

Dave

Oops. osrry i did not realise eastern used the 710 as well :"> Ive got the eatson 510hx u see,

Stu

Edited by Swindon rider