Home Drilled Bash&booster!

Dan@Trials-uk

Hey

I thought Il try to save some wait on my bike lol, because we jsut got a piller drill, so I thought the 2 chunkiest part on my bike, so I have decided to drill the bash and booster. The bash took me about 10mins max, first I used a handdrill which it wasnt as accurate, but then I did it again with a 10mm drill on the piller drill. The booster took me about 5 mins to drill, and 5 mins to smoother of all the rough edges.

here are some pics, please tell me what you think lol

gallery_1930_567_7921.jpg

gallery_1930_567_4870.jpg

gallery_1930_567_5748.jpg

gallery_1930_567_18239.jpg

gallery_1930_567_30369.jpg

Regards Dan

Edited by trialsuk

looks crap dan :) i would of just left it the way it was

Pauly

Looks better in flesh, its because of the crappy flash lol it shows all the stratches on the service of each part (Y) , well IMO its looks alright lol, aslong as I like it , its ok lol.

:unsure:

Edited by trialsuk

(Y) Oh dear!!! That looks shocking!

Drilled rims really do pollute minds!!

Things are designed by engineers for ridigity and performance -(especially trials parts)

Drilling things in a way is just taking the piss!

What did you save? Bout 20grms!!! :unsure:

(Y) Oh dear!!! That looks shocking!

Drilled rims really do pollute minds!!

Things are designed by engineers for ridigity and performance -(especially trials parts)

Drilling things in a way is just taking the piss!

What did you save? Bout 20grms!!!  :unsure:

Hey Aaron

I only drilled it because I only wanted a booster on my bike so is protects the hoses, not for the purpose of having it to make my bike stiffer.

Drill - £100

Booster - £25

Bash - £50

Making a muppet of your self on trials forum - Priceless!

=====================================================

You will have saved sweet FA gramms because the're both very light anyway and now your booster looks gash and won't work well. As for the bash its now so weak it will not last long if you use it atall!

Quality :unsure:

was it just me who thinks this is plug for viz  :P"  if so your doing a good job :unsure:

Hardly, the logo isn't even clear!

Anyhow I think it's looks pretty good (Y) But probably more a UCI friendly drilling than a street rider or someone who hits their bash hard!

Personally I'd get out the file and/or some abrasion paper and clean up all the burrs then it'll look neater :P

Maybe polish it up afterwards to (around the drilled bits)

Sam

Drill - £100

Booster - £25

Bash - £50

Making a muppet of your self on trials forum - Priceless!

=====================================================

You will have saved sweet FA gramms because the're both very light anyway and now your booster looks gash and won't work well.  As for the bash its now so weak it will not last long if you use it atall!

Quality (Y)

Hey

Drill cost 40£ bash costs around 15£,booster about 20£, I drilled the booster because I wanted to do so, I dont need it, its just on my bike to act like a protecter(to protect hoses) and the bash, I never bash so why not? and also I like to have some holes in the bash, is that a problem?

:unsure:

I never bash so why not? and also I like to have some holes in the bash

If you never bash your obviosly not pushing yourself in the slightest.

If as you say though, you never use your bash then I see no problem with the holes....altho if you never use your bash surly it would be more weight saving to just have a chain ring :unsure: .

If you never bash your obviosly not pushing yourself in the slightest.

Naa, he's just a UCI monkey :unsure:

He uses the bash plate in the real sence of it, i.e. to protect chainring if he makes a slip.

Anyways, it definatly looks like a quick job, would have looked ten times better if you'd planned exactly where the holes were going so they all lined up neatly, I don't think the pictures do it much justice though . . . .

He uses the bash plate in the real sence of it, i.e. to protect chainring if he makes a slip.

I do that though. I never eveer intentionally go to bash. But when I slip off stuff, I twat it fairly hard. I probably wouldn't want holes making my bash any weaker (Although my non-"far Eastern shit" bash would probably take it :unsure: ), but if Mr Ko wants to do drill his stuff, why not? C'mon, it's not really gonna make a difference is it? The worst comes to the worst the bash gets bent a bit easily and needs replacing sooner. I'm sure he has a shitload of bashings lying around anyway (Y)

EDIT: Raub that wasn't all aimed at you :P

I can't see everyone's problem. It's up to him if he want's to drill that stuff really. Plus like someone else said, if he truly does only use his bash 'accidently' then it's hardly gonna f**k up too quickly. It looks quite beefy anyway. But yea, get rid of the 'teddy burrs' and it'll look proper :unsure:

I can't see everyone's problem. It's up to him if he want's to drill that stuff really. Plus like someone else said, if he truly does only use his bash 'accidently' then it's hardly gonna f**k up too quickly. It looks quite beefy anyway. But yea, get rid of the 'teddy burrs' and it'll look proper :unsure:

He asked for peoples opinions and they gave them.

I cant see the point myself, hardly saved any weight and dosnt look any better. Drill + boredom = disaster.