Ea Games

Corish

I see that EA Games has made a lot of sports games, Ie: Tiger Woods, etc. But what they havent done is a "Trials" game, Do you reckons there will ever be one, even if its by a company other than EA Games, and has there ever been a prototype/production/thought about a "Trials" game, I know they made a Motorbike game involving Motorbike Trials, but I'm on about a Bike Trials game. Do you reckon that they would make a "Trials" game if we all sent in a form with our names on and shit loads of videos from the beginner riders building upto to someone like Neil T, CLS, etc and sent in lots of pictures of bikes, e.g. Monty, Koxx, Onza, Echo, ZOO!, etc.

Also if there ever was to be a "Trials" game what would you like to see in it?

My thoughts to what I would like to see in it are:

First of all it should no doubt at least have a PC Version WITH Internet Gaming, so that you can compete with others on a competion, or just to go around on a no timelimit free run.

Another good thing is that they should put in Natural AND Street, with pretty good detail.

It should also include a free run, practice, and a story mode, and in the story mode you should have to start with basic bikes, low power, all the way upto being sponsored and gettin discounted parts, etc.

Basically just a Gran Turismo but a Trials bike game, and ONLY a trials game.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Corish

It would never work, there would not be enough interest in the game for them to spend around 2 yearsdeveloping it.....

You think how popular trials is compared to the likes of baseball, football, rugby, etc....

You will never ask someone what football is and not recieve a valid answer, unlike Bike-Trials...

Yeah would be sweet, but o would have thought pretty impossible, or realyl hard to play....

like how would you do it? have x for back hop, hold it down for power increase lol (ps2 btw) err, thered have to be some sort of limit to how long you can balance for etc, the only way i can think of would be like in tony hawks type of game etc where u have that lil balence bar thingy.

it would be too hard and too many things to think about, and not enough controls :P

meh, maybe there will be some sort of evolution in games (controlllers) so it could be possible, like a bike, on a roller thingy, so u can pedal it measure the power but u dont go anywhere :) - humm, spose only trials riders would be able to play, .... with more thought, pretty pointless, might as well go out and ride lol (Y)

im rambaling on now... :P ....ill shut up .

Dave :lol:

edit : sort of thing mart ashton and hawes would bring out ;) "SELECT PLAYER - ASHTON - HAWES" :)

Edited by Mr Dave

EA would never be interested....looking more along the lines of smaller developers.....EA would probably not gain anything from it and lose money....would be very hard to make the game too with all the balancing on back wheel...etc etc.....would be great to see what it would be like though.

I understand your points, I might have other thought it on how good it would be for us trials riders, and I totally agree with the first reply (Y)

But yeah as some have said, would be awesome.

corish

Can you imagine how many different combo's there'd have to be to gap to front wheel, then flick it to back and keep it to drop off etc. It would be a solid game! lol

it'd still be a mega game.....

although itd do what tony hawk did and get 1000000000000000 lilttle kids into the sport....which imo would be crap!

still an awsome idea (Y)

When this was discussed before, these where the main points that came about.

First was the amount of control needed for the player. First of all you have left, right, forward and backwards balance when on backwheel. Then how do you determine when to blunt, and when to backhop, then when to gap, and how far, as well to front wheel or back. Then theres prescision, gaps to posts etc. Moving onto how to backwheel a object, or crank it, or front wheel it, or front tap it.

In theory, it would be possible, but be stupidly hard.

Then ofcourse as picki mentioned, theres would be the mass influx of random little kids who believe they can do a 20ft gap as they did it in the game.

It would be nice, and in the future with developments in both the sport, and gaming consoles, it really isn't such a dream, but not just yet :S

Well is a trials game, not a pure trials game.

Motoracer 3 has trials on it, indoor motobike trials, really good grafix, failrly easy to play.

Get it

also in GTA:San Andreas there is a mototrials-ish bit at the indoor track on the third island (i think) go on a sunday or tuesday, with the crosser. Sorta blance beams, rock bits and loop the loops to do. its fun (Y)

Mike

I've had this thouht before, it would be imensely fun, you could have like l1 to back hop and keep it on the back wheel, the foward to lurch foward and then x to pause hop, and the linger you kept hole of x the more power you put into the gap. it could be done and made simple but there would be no intrest at all.

gallery_5803_708_3981.jpg

:)