Snapped My Burns.

Bigman

Righty then, i snapped my RS7's at the weekend, so today i rang them up and asked about replacements, they said that they would replace the snapped one, but if i wanted a new pair i would have to pay £25 towards them, have any of u had to pay this to get both replaced, or have u just been sent a brand new pair free or charge?

Adam.

ps: did u ask to change the lengths of cranks or not, as i want some 170mm instead of 175mm.

Mr seamons (george_seamons) got a new pair in a different length when he asked them nicely you mite wanna get in touch with him (Y) I dont know if he paid or not.

But still £25 for a new pair of arms you cant really complain (Y)

No, i am not complaining, i was just curious as to other peoples experiences, i expect i will pay the £25 as to just have one replaced and keep the old haggered old one, would look abit shite.

adam

£25.00 is penuts id be well happy paying £25 for a brand new pair of cranks that retail at over £100!!!!

a few people have had them brake where it says middleburn and your ankle like polishes the crank they tend to break there. as your ankle or foot is rubbing the material away a bit like if you run a huge tyre n it "JUST" touches the frame have you ever seen how bad that can be? JUSt touching can nearly snap a frame completly..........

Waynio.....................

a few people have had them brake where it says middleburn and your ankle like polishes the crank they tend to break there. as your ankle or foot is rubbing the material away a bit like if you run a huge tyre n it "JUST" touches the frame have you ever seen how bad that can be? JUSt touching can nearly snap a frame completly.

I'm sure the cranks would die from fatigue, or from repeated hits in the middle of the arm when failing when going to bash, rather than the shoe polishing away the surface? The shoes can't possibly polish off more than 1/10 of a millimetre, which is not enough to weaken the arm?

£25 ain't bad for a new set of cranks anyway.

I am not bothered about the £25, i mean, like alot of people have said, tis nothing for such good cranks, i think mine are quite old, i am not 100% sure, as i got them off cultivated Chris, last spring somtime, and i dunno how long he had them for.

gallery_84_50_14949.jpg

Well, they have been sent off, so hopefulyl a new set will be here by the weekend.

(nichols_sam  Today, 05:56 PM)

Could be why...

Hmm, maybe, but i am not a harsh rider at all, well not to my knowlege, i consider my self a smooth rider for my size, and i don't do big drops etc, so i dunno, ah well, not to worry.

Adam

Edited by Bigman

nice one adam.... thers only so much hammering a crank can take

for example, in thoery, your left crank gets exactly twice as muhc stress as tics, with u being roughly twice his weight!!!! this giving it half the life!!!!

muhahahahahaha

bad luck matey

at least now u can get some proper 170s instead of 175s (Y)

I am not bothered about the £25, i mean, like alot of people have said, tis nothing for such good cranks, i think mine are quite old, i am not 100% sure, as i got them off cultivated Chris, last spring somtime, and i dunno how long he had them for.

That's is reeto for that amount of time in my opinion. I mean my Azonic DW bars are second hand and have lasted ages errr 1 year I think so far (Y)

nice one adam.... thers only so much hammering a crank can take

for example, in thoery, your left crank gets exactly twice as muhc stress as tics, with u being roughly twice his weight!!!! this giving it half the life!!!!

muhahahahahaha

bad luck matey

at least now u can get some proper 170s instead of 175s :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA Nice one nick :)

Tic