Turkish Laws

pashley pro

No, that's not true. Turkish law is pretty westernised these days, not least because they're looking to join the EU some time soon and need to conform to the expected standards to allow that. For instance, just last year they officially abolished the death penalty for this purpose (although in reality the death penalty had been out of use in Turkey since, i think, the 80s).

I think there are still some countries with radical Islamic governments that hold to the law word for word as it is written in the Qur'an, which would include chopping off a hand for theft. But not Turkey.

Don't think theres that law in turkey, but im not sure. Its quite westernised now as delusional said.

There used to be laws like that in Saudi and other places in the middle east, where you get your hand chopped off for stealing, head chopped off for murdering/raping, etc.. but i dont think it happens anymore.

I belive that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore!

IIRC it's recently been legalised for medical usage, but is still a "controlled substance" of sorts.

There's been talk of imposing some sort regulation on chewing gum in some UK counties, I think they were proposing fines for dropping chewing gum on the ground, which was to cover the extra costs that are going to be incurred by the government including chewing gum in litter definitions (meaning county councils have an obligation to clean it off the streets - quite a mammoth task by all accounts).

[edit for typo]

Edited by delusional

Ye there are many similar to that.I cant remember the one i was told by a police man told us a few years ago, something about really old laws that have were legal and never made illegal.

Such as the one about driving car.

Its illegeal to drive a car without a person walking infront walking and waving a flag, warning other users there is a car coming.

Such as the one about driving car.

Its illegeal to drive a car without a person walking infront walking and waving a flag, warning other users there is a car coming.

Yes, I just found this website which has a range of silly laws.

Check out number 70!!

http://www.morticom.com/truestoriesstupiditlaws.htm

God knows which ones are true though!

For all the Ladies on here, if a Man tries to kiss you against your will, you are legally allowed to bite there nose off :S

Edit: AND, don't you even think about having sex whilst in the back of an ambulance!

(Y)

Edited by Fishwog

I was lead to believe that all those out of date laws and odd ones, like beeing hung for impersonating a chelsea pensioner, have now been quietly abolished by the government :S

I was told it was to do with the EU and death penulty stuff.

Though I may be talking out of my ass here :D" (Y)

From the site linked above

"The bloodhound is the only animal in the world whose evidence is admissable in court."

Interesting but it does suggest that we humans are perhaps not mammals ?

Also , I understand that all males resident in the United Kingdom aged between 12 and 40 must , by law practice archery for 20 minutes a week . You did do your archery , didn't you ?

Edit : Off the same site , too : "In Britain, in 1888, a law was passed which stated that every cyclist had to constantly ring the bell on his bicycle non-stop while the machine was moving."

Edited by Endohopper

Not sure about having them cut off if youv'e had stuff planted on you but I know you do I you have stolen

seems like a good idea to me :)

and you don't want to know what i'd do to rapists :)

What happens if a womenwhacks on a dildo and raps a man what happens then, she has nothing to cut off, does she just get the dildo taken offher.

From the site linked above

"The bloodhound is the only animal in the world whose evidence is admissable in court."

Interesting  but it does suggest that we humans are perhaps not mammals ?

Also , I understand that all males resident in the United Kingdom aged between 12 and 40 must , by law practice archery for 20 minutes a week . You did do your archery , didn't you ?

Edit : Off the same site , too : "In Britain, in 1888, a law was passed which stated that every cyclist had to constantly ring the bell on his bicycle non-stop while the machine was moving."

Bikes are not machiones as some knob pointed out to me o nthe underground.

They are inanimate objects

Bikes are not machiones as some knob pointed out to me o nthe underground.

They are inanimate objects

Technically a pair of scisors is a machine.

A machine is a system of tools to perform a task.... I believe a bike falls into that.

Beeing inamimate has nothing to do with it.

And I havent ever done my archery, naughty me :)" :)

Edited by Steve-A