Dewsbury:biker Died

sm_ben

we've had cheesewire put across our trails at neck height, hit that at speed and your head would come clean off and no i am not exagerating. luckily one of my mates crashed on the jump before the cheese wire otherwise he would have gone straight through it.

some people are f**king dicks!

That is so tragic, I can't believe how people can be so vindictive to the extent that they want to cause such harm, I doubt they were intending to kill him but doing stuff like that is so petty, I hope that those responsible feel sorry for what they've done.

R.I.P.

Its those damn wankers of old people ramblers.

They think they own the country side.

A while back, a freind of mine broke his shoulder, cos he was riding a DH section, and some old fanny stuffed his walking stick into his fron wheel.

Stringht over the bars at about 30mph (long section) and broke his shoulder.

All the old man said was "you sholdnt be ridin here"

Its those damn wankers of old people ramblers.

They think they own the country side.

A while back, a freind of mine broke his shoulder, cos he was riding a DH section, and some old fanny stuffed his walking stick into his fron wheel.

What a DICK, I would have give him the knuckle if i witnessed that, at least gave him some good old gobbing at!!

I Hate people like that, they have nothing better to do than spoil peoples fun, we live once, yes we have to work, and do things but we don't have to do this all the time, we get our fun in some parts of the day so we take it, its just old fogies that don't realise, I hate 'em, grrrrr. Infact writing this up is getting me mad!! Not 'cos I'm writing, 'cos of the gay fogies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, unlucky on the guy (Y) :S - I sure hope they can find who put the tree/branch on the path, if he died through that.

Corish

we've had cheesewire put across our trails at neck height, hit that at speed and your head would come clean off and no i am not exagerating.  luckily one of my mates crashed on the jump before the cheese wire otherwise he would have gone straight through it.

i honestly cant belive some people would do that, there are some absolute dicks about.

Its as bad as lacing a football pitch with landmines but they don't seem to realise what they're doing and the danger they cause.

Unlucky to that guy that he had to be the victim of it. We have some stupid people in society and if they knew exactly what they were doing we have some thoughtless dangerous people. They should be shunned from society.

(Y) thats so sad that he died just doing what he enjoyed, because some ignorant people couldn't handle other people using something they were allowed to do.

Its not like us criminals that ride on walls and stuff, he was enjoying his sunday bikeride on a bridleway, which he is legally allowed to ride down. Some fool decided it was a good idea to do that.

I have heard about the cheesewire thing before, I don't understand. I am sure that log people didn't mean to cause harm, but the cheesewire could do nothing but damage to someone.

R.I.P.

Mike

Well it said there was a branch then the log so he really couldn't have avoided it. Meaning it was really inevitable hitting it.

.......<branch>.......<log> thats what I got from the news report.

Lets hope something good comes of this and people see how serious hitting your head can be. To all them riders that don't wear helmets. Suppose this is your lesson.

Its funny how it says that "dog walkers" were cross with cyclists on the bridleway... dogwalkers who illegally let their dog turd everywhere, and they feel that the cyclists who are legally riding there are the problem...

How would they feel if the cyclists hurt them for letting their dogs off the lead or crapping everywhere? Why do posh old people always feel the need to interfere

we've had cheesewire put across our trails at neck height, hit that at speed and your head would come clean off and no i am not exagerating.  luckily one of my mates crashed on the jump before the cheese wire otherwise he would have gone straight through it.

Yeah we have also had the cheesewire thing, we always check the tracks before riding now, luckily I'm quite short

I cant believe how selfish and sad those walkers must have been to spend their time laying down a tree in the middle of a path. If mountain bikers purposely vandalised the trails then fair enough, but all they were doing was riding and enjoying themselves with no harm intended to anyone or anything. Old people really pee me off sometimes :-

Why do they do it? Is my question.

they are called do gooders, they think they are doing the community a favour (somehow), i mean the ones that stop you riding trails etc, not so much the cheesewire ones, personally they just piss me off. i hope they catch the B*****d who did that and lock him up, he should be dont for murder, not manslaughter because he went out with the intent to harm other people.

suprisingly, things like the cheesewire thing and that haven't been done in my area, but now its been mentioned, i will be a bit more cautious.

Edited by onzamad

yeh, i heard about a wire being put across a local bridle way and a dirt bike road into it and was almost dicapitated (the wire was relitavly thick, cheesewire would of taken his head off). he died of course.

I can see why people would be annoyed at dirt bikers due to noise polution, but in my opinion, anyone who puts an obstical in the way of a biker should be charged for intent to kill or if unfortunatly someone hits it, they should be charged with murder.

They obviosuly know exactly what they are doing, becasue of the height they put it at, therefore why shouldn't they get jailed??

Thats unlucky on that guy, for it to happen a couple of week later as-well is rally sad, it not even as-if it was some youths messing about. It was just some guys having fun on the weekend.

If anyone is in the wrong, its the'dog walkers'. First we have to ride thorugh their dog shit (even on the streets) and now they are trying to kill everyone.

Some people are pathetic, what is the world coming to!!! In my opinion theres too many dicks in the world, I mean you only live once, live it HAPPY, but you can't these days 'cos of dicks like that. grr.

corish