Nopogo Koxx Days Street Video

Niouf@nopogo.org

that vid is truly amazing :lol:  well edited.... by the way?.. what is the second song? it sounds mega! :P

cheers Nadine..

Nadine you downloaded a 128mb video :o how long did that take you? You're still on 56k right?

That vid was a bit mega. Those drops where ridiculous...why would you even want to do that :o I think Benito must suffer from reccuring nightmares of falling, if he doesn't, I will now!

James (Y)

Edited by zoojames

Bitch-cranked the slope, but it was insanely steep.

Enjoyable video! Really good as usual with your videos, and quality was good.

Not sure about the first song though..

if you check out my teaser it shows him manualing all the way up to the top. No bithc pedaling or sidehops.

edit: never mind, just checked this vid out...he does it in there as well.

(ps this post wasn't meant for janson but the guy before him). I'm pretty sure vincent hermance can 360 drop off of things.

Edited by AndrewT

I didn't really like it, the video showed that most of them are full on natural riders. It was just one of those videos that didn't do it for me. I just saw it as a really competitive ride with a load of the same people seeing who could go bigger. It lacked the fun appeal and style side of videos I like to see. The editing was rubbish in my opinion, and the music was very "Rocky IV".

Examples are, one of them tries a 360 off a drop, doesn't make it :lol:. The pop manual part up the slope, bitch pedals to get to the top and sidehops at the end.

I'm gonna get slaughtered for my opinion, yes I respected the skill of the riding and the level they were all at, was simply miles above anyone else. But. Go download BMXIGANS November, and watch one after the other.

It was a bit too long aswell, and as said the clips definately needed cropping more, the filming could have been better too.

James

In fairness though, it was just a street ride. We all have days where we want to get stuff done but don't have time or whatever. Plus it was just a riding session; not ultra serious. Probably why he "bitch pedalled" up there - it's just the way it goes sometimes. Plus, that's mostly from a couple of days of riding at most (unless it's just from the day at the start of the vid?). They seemed to move around quite a bit so I'm guessing there's just not enough hours in the day.

It was just "Who can go bigger", but that's just 'cos they push themselves in that way, which is what they get their enjoyment out of. Plus, it didn't really show much of their character in the video as there were so many riders in it, so that's probably why it lacked that "fun street ride" sorta thing. Benito certainly looked happy at some points though.

Jonny - I wasn't taking it as directed at me/a dig at me; was just trying to help you out (Y)

Mark.

HI johnny. Mpeg make too big files, wmv is just a shit (it is a pain to watch movie on linux with this ... so i'm not able to see wmv videos on my computer... thanks too microsoft  (N) ) and i don't like quick time so i don't make .mov videos.

So Xvid is the best solution... it runs under GPL licence (free source code) and it is the best codec for encoding videos (quality/size). So it should be standard... everyone should use it :)  :-"

Please do not encode video on WMV... Linux users like i will never be able to watch them! :(

I generally agree with what you're saying about video formats, however you're wrong about not being able to watch wmv files on Linux. I've never had a problem watching any wmvs on my Linux machine, you just need mplayer. The only time I've had any problem is with WMV10 files on my 64bit install, purely because it's still a relatively new codec and it takes a while for these things to filter down to 64 bit architectures (they play fine on a standard 32 bit install). Still, I'm sure I could get it to play if I wanted to spend a while looking into it, but I just watch things on my xbox at home instead :)

But yeah. You can watch anything on Linux, you just need mplayer and the appropriate codecs.

HI johnny. Mpeg make too big files, wmv is just a shit (it is a pain to watch movie on linux with this ... so i'm not able to see wmv videos on my computer... thanks too microsoft  :lol: ) and i don't like quick time so i don't make .mov videos.

So Xvid is the best solution... it runs under GPL licence (free source code) and it is the best codec for encoding videos (quality/size). So it should be standard... everyone should use it (Y)  :o"

Please do not encode video on WMV... Linux users like i will never be able to watch them! :o

good to see some fellow linux users on here :P

as matey said you can watch anything on linux tis all bout the codecs. Just downloading vid now looking forward 2 watching :)

HI johnny. Mpeg make too big files, wmv is just a shit (it is a pain to watch movie on linux with this ... so i'm not able to see wmv videos on my computer... thanks too microsoft  :lol: ) and i don't like quick time so i don't make .mov videos.

So Xvid is the best solution... it runs under GPL licence (free source code) and it is the best codec for encoding videos (quality/size). So it should be standard... everyone should use it ^_^  :o"

Please do not encode video on WMV... Linux users like i will never be able to watch them! (Y)

Ahh you run Linux... not that I know anything about it but I guess you just have to be carefull about the market you're making vids for. Majority are windows users im sure, clearly some mac. I dunno, mpg has always seemed to satisfy people - its that annoying divx logo in the bottom right corner too haha! I dunno, whatever is easiest for you, but cannot always be the easiest for the person watching.

Jonny.

i see someone downloaded a video of the worls best trials riders and wanted to see bmx .. that wasnt pretty smart.

You don't understand, It's not a well made video. There are some UCI videos I really like but this one didn't do it for me. I just thought it was badly made and didn't show the best side of the riding, I have already kissed you and your friends asses by saying the riding was amazing so don't worry too much.

James

You don't understand, It's not a well made video. There are some UCI videos I really like but this one didn't do it for me. I just thought it was badly made and didn't show the best side of the riding, I have already kissed you and your friends asses by saying the riding was amazing so don't worry too much.

James

Not very needed....

And if you actually gave in-depth feedback on why you thought the video was not very well made, perhaps people would take your remarks less offensively..... after all TRA is very much correct, you make yourself out as if you downloaded the Koxx days video to see BMX.

Sam :lol:

I explained well in depth in my original post, I wasn't expecting to see bmx at all. I've already given reason to not liking it so why can't people accept my opinion.

I downloaded it expecting move after moved of fast paced interesting, technical exciting trials riding and didn't. By the time the moves happened it was exciting, and then it wasn't for a whilem then in between there were some mediocre parts in comparison.....see where I'm going?

I suggested you see BMXIGANS to watch the style of editing and way the video was put together not the riding in any aspect. Thats maybe how TRA got the wrong idea of me wanting to see BMX. I didn't, I wanted to see trials, which I did. But that's it. I wasn't blown away by the video. I was by some of the riding but not the video... get what I mean?

How am I offending anyone :unsure:

I watch BMX all the time, bmxigans, aspire, federal, etc.. all there video's are in a totaly different league to 99% of Trials video's, through the sheer fact that they are professionally filmed and edited, this video was filmed and edited by one man, who bothered to sit and produce an, in my opinion, pretty well made video, just for us to view, the people who have done some of the BMX video's you/we watch, get paid to shoot and edit them, hence them being a damn sight better.....

I also think that BMX riding has more correlation for editing than trials does, BMX is always smooth, flowing lines... In Trials there are a lot of correction hops, balancing etc.

If this was BMX riding I would say that the video was only of average standard, but as it stands, it's not (Y) So for a trials video, it's pretty good....

Meh, I bet 90% of people didn't even read half of that......

Sam :unsure:

Edited by Fishwog

I have wet dreams about filming/ editing pro bmxers....would be so much fun. Trials is very difficult to mix with fast music, which is something I struggle with alot....one day I'll have my chance (Y)

onzaboymark- all of the urban riding was from one session in paris, the natural was just from the comp day.

This vid is EMENSE i really underestimated kenney beleay. Such a good rider! I thought the editing was really good aswell, and you cant beat abita' depeche mode.

benito's drops :P :P (Y) :P :P absoultly ruled!, is he using a suqare holed koxx rim?

Any ways, amazing vid, great riding(loving the table top by benito)

Cheers

Tom

Amazing.

Very different to the sort of videos I usually enjoy, I guess because it was a ride made into a video, not riding especially for a video.

Really good to see, and nice and sunny to; perfect for getting me pumped to ride!

I like my Toxicity style vids usually, seeing people throw down new stuff, but watching people go HUGE on the basics is cool too, and a lot more inspiring than Danny Holroyd doing crazy bunnyhops.

It's all trials though, can't fault it! (Y)

Is the Koxx Days an annual thing? And is it a like open invite ride, like when people go ride London or whatever? Might be worth a road trip next year.