Summer Festivals

Royaltrials

READING_7pm.gif

Reading

v_left.jpgv_right.jpg

nme_left.jpgnme_right.jpg

jjb_left.jpgjjb_right.jpg

V Festival

What do you lot think? Got tickets to both, should be fun.

Both events sold out in less than 2 days.

Glastonbury tickets go on sale on April 4 for those of you who are extra-cool.

Anyone going to any festivals this summer?

NASS is awesome too, the music will be in a circus tent this year :lol: Interested to hear the line-up for this year. I should have actually gone to see some bands last year, though Tim Stedman and Danny Smith did provide some comical drunken entertainment...

to be fair they both look a bit lame at this point (especially v-festival) i'm gonna hope the concrete jungle stage for reading is good.

i still bought a ticket for reading cos i had nothing better to spend my money on and the chances are it will be amazing as ever.

i had to get up at 8am and drive my ass to bath for doors opening of HMV on saturday to get my ticket :lol: cos i was lazy and didn't order one online or quickly enough when the lineup went out

(Y)

edit: o ye..going to nass as ever. and wasted festival :o

Edited by the boon

From those lists there are only 4 bands I want to see: Pixies, Franz ferdinand, Oasis and Bloc Party. I've seen Oasis and have tickets for them and Bloc Party for later in the year. I've never been a fan of the whole festival concept, I find it irritating enough sitting through an hour of support bands at a normal gig, let alone a days worth until the headliners come on.

to be fair they both look a bit lame at this point (especially v-festival) i'm gonna hope the concrete jungle stage for reading is good.

I kinda agree with you there, only going to V because the gf loves all those indie-pop-rock acts. It'll earn me some brownie points :unsure:

The concrete jungle stage is always awesome... though the only band I've heard rumour of so far is Bad Religion.

From those lists there are only 4 bands I want to see: Pixies, Franz ferdinand, Oasis and Bloc Party. I've seen Oasis and have tickets for them and Bloc Party for later in the year. I've never been a fan of the whole festival concept, I find it irritating enough sitting through an hour of support bands at a normal gig, let alone a days worth until the headliners come on.

Last year, I went to Reading only wanting to see 3 bands. I had such an awesome time. The campsite antics are almost worth the ticket price alone. Music-wise, the bands I REALLY wanted to see before the festival were a bit of a let down. The bands I enjoyed the most were Lostprophets, The Rasmus, The Streets and Funeral for a Friend. Who'd have thought? I also went to see Roots Manuva and Rahzel which was super-cool. I saw SO many good bands that I didn't even plan to see, that's what a festival is about - not reluctantly waiting about for your favourite bands to come on.

i still bought a ticket for reading cos i had nothing better to spend my money on and the chances are it will be amazing as ever.

i had to get up at 8am and drive my ass to bath for doors opening of HMV on saturday to get my ticket :unsure: cos i was lazy and didn't order one online or quickly enough when the lineup went out

:S

edit: o ye..going to nass as ever. and wasted festival :)

Reading looks a little lame (Y) some acts i'd love to see but not for £100 lol, Although 2003 i didn't see much music, never got past those damn crates of carling and inflatable sofas (Y)"

Pete

They have a bike lock up there, for £2.00 if i remember correctly.

But two of my mates had their bikes stolen last year, one of them was found by his brother, this guy stripped all the stickers off and was riding it around! so they beat him up!

So then they used a massive chain and locked up 7 bikes up in one huge bundle, none got nicked after that.

I kept mine in the tent one night then in the lock up for the remainder of the event.

Guys how safe is it to take bikes to NASS? I mean I know Matt Urban got his bike pinched last year :- but I really want to camp this year! I like the whole atmosphere and never done more than a day before!

James (Y)

Matt left his bike outside his tent for all of 1min while he was inside the tent, it was 1min too long.

Just be sensible and look after your bike in the exact same way you would if you were out in a group riding in a town. I left my bike in my car every night, Andy Hill and a few other people also left their bikes in the car... Come to think of it I lefty my bike at the campsite a couple of times when we went to Tesco's on a beer/food/toilet run. Most of the time there was someone at the big trials riders campsite so all was good even if people did leave their bikes for a short while...

MORE BIG NAMES FOR

READING & LEEDS

Funeral For A Friend, LCD Soundsystem and Simple Plan are among the latest additions to this year's Reading and Leeds line-up. Other new acts confirmed to appear across the three day simultaneous festivals include Dropkick Murphys, Roots Manuva and Transplants.

...taken from www.readingfestival.com

Anyone going to Glastonbury?

I've been thinking about plans for the summer a bit over the last few days, so I thought I'd bump this with my current list.

In order of 'most likely to attend' first, I'm currently planning: NASS, Glade and Rhythms of Peace. I'm also keeping an eye on Reading as there are vague rumours that The Mars Volta may be playing, it's looking pretty unlikely though (and even if they are tickets would likely be hard to get hold of/too expensive at this point). For similar reasons to Reading, I've been looking at Oxegen in Ireland, but that clashes with NASS, so pretty unlikely as well. If I don't make it to Rhythms of Peace I might also consider going to Infest, but that's low down on my list of places I want to go.

I'm really excited by the prospect of Rhythms of Peace actually, the idea of spending 5 days at a psy-trance/chillout festival, on a beach in Morocco, with a bunch of hippies sounds great. Wether or not I'll be able to afford the time and money required to get there is a different matter though.

A host of names have been confirmed for the GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL.

Confirmed acts are:

PYRAMID STAGE

White Stripes

Coldplay

Kylie

The Killers

New Order

Doves

Elvis Costello

Brian Wilson

Van Morrison

The Zutons

The Coral

Ash

Kaiser Chiefs

Goldie Lookin' Chain

Jools Holland

The Thrills

John Butler Trio

The Undertones

The Subways

Taj Mahal

Hayseed Dixies

Garbage

OTHER STAGE

Razorlight

Kasabian

Ian Brown

Fatboy Slim

Royksopp

Bloc Party

Interpol

Rufus Wainwright

The Bravery

The Futureheads

Echo And The Bunnymen

Athlete

The Dears

The Cooper Temple Clause

Hot Hot Heat

Soulwax

Cake

Thirteen Senses

Brendon Benson

Martha Wainwright

Tom Vek

Black Bud

Dead 60's

KT Tunstall

Modey Lemon

Engineers

JOHN PEEL STAGE

The Tears

The Go! Team

Bright Eyes

The Earlies

Willy Mason

MIA

Secret Machines

M83

Yourcodenameis:milo

Maximo Park

Nine Black Alps

Jem

James Blunt

Dresden Dolls

The Subways

Be Your Own Pet

Rilo Kiley

The Rakes

Art Brut

Hard Fi

The Longcut

Morning Runner

Infadels

Outset

El President

Not bad, not bad at all.

It sickens me that the White Stripes are headlining ahead of Coldplay, saw them at Reading last year and they were gash. I swear the woman can't actually play the drums. Oh well. Over and out.